- BIGDADDYBLUES.COM - NEWS RELEASE PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO THE APPROPRIATE ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR, REPORTER, WRITER, OR PRODUCER, AND TO ALL PERSONSMessage 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005View SourceBIGDADDYBLUES.COM - NEWS RELEASEPLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO THE APPROPRIATE ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR, REPORTER, WRITER, OR PRODUCER, AND TO ALL PERSONS INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING LIVE BLUES MUSIC, INCLUDING YOUR LOCAL BLUES SOCIETY, CLUB OR ORGANIZATION. INTERVIEWS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR NEW ACOUSTIC CD "LIVE FROM THE WAREHOUSE" IS AT THE REPLICATORS AND WE SHOULD HAVE PROMOTIONAL COPIES AVAILABLE WITHIN A FEW DAYS. THANKS A MILLION FOR SUPPORTING OUR MINISTRY OF BLUES. WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST IN BLUES AND LIFE!
Randall "Big Daddy' Webster and Michael "Doc" Palecki bring "Big Daddy's Blues Stories" to Ireland from the USA for their third successful Emerald Isle tour together (this will be Big Daddy's 36th tour of Ireland; having performed in all 32 Counties). Combining "Big Daddy's" four-octave voice, very capable guitar fretwork and his impressive foot stomp, and "Doc's" brilliant Blues harmonica playing, plus the stories behind the music, "Big Daddy's Blues Stories" captures the deepest soul of America's great indigenous music of the Blues in a most spectacular way. Says Big Daddy, "I don't think we're totally in control of our music, I think it controls us to a degree. It's like we're channeling through our voice and fingers all those who played Blues before us. It's our duty to honor the heritage, and yet look forward to the future. Blues is a living breathing music and we can't help but influence our Blues with our own personal life experience, the music we listened to growing up, and those who performed it!"
Listen to Big Daddy's CDs via his web site www.BIGDADDYBLUES.com. Please note that his new acoustic CD with "Doc" Palecki will be posted on the web site within days. (CLICK HERE TO LISTEN)
Please check out these Ireland performance dates:
- Friday, July 8th 10pm - Barry's Public House, Grange, County Sligo Ireland.
- Saturday, July 9th 8pm - The Roscommon Arts Centre, Roscommon, County Roscommon Ireland.
- Sunday, July 10th 8pm - The Ballina International Street Festival, Ballina, County Mayo Ireland.
- Monday, July 11th 10pm - Sandinos Cafe & Bar, Derry City, County Derry, N. Ireland.
- Tuesday, July 12th 4pm - The Giants Causeway, Bushmills, County Antrim, N. Ireland.
- Wednesday, July 13th 10pm - The Central Bar, Ballycastle, County Antrim, N. Ireland.
- Thursday, July 14th 8pm - C.R.A.I.C. Arts Centre, Coalisland, County Tyrone, N. Ireland.
- Friday, July 15th 8pm - Muckno Mania Arts Festival, Castleblaney, County Monaghan, Ireland.
- Saturday, July 16th 10pm - The Stella Maris Hotel, Kilkee, County Clare, Ireland.
- Sunday, July 17th 10pm - The Lee Delta Blues Club, Cork, County Cork, Ireland.; with special guest "Hammerin'" Pat Horgan.
"...an animated Chicago urban blues vocal powerhouse... the defining voice and sound of the band (Big Daddy & Red Hot Java) is founder/vocalist Randall "Big Daddy" Webster, who could be compared with Kim Wilson of the Texas band The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Webster's voice is what I would call 'authentic'...a voice that really defines blues. As one whose life has revolved around the blues whether as a performer or a promoter, Big Daddy's roots in the blues go back to his childhood days in the Chicago suburbs where some of his first influences were the creators of urban blues; Muddy Waters, Otis Span, Junior Wells, Big Joe Turner, and other Blues legends." -Patrick Ferris www.hotbands.com
Nurtured on Chicago's famed Maxwell street as a kid, and migrating south to Tallahassee, Florida in 1985; Randall "Big Daddy" Webster has immersed his "300 Pounds of Heavenly Joy" into the great American indigenous musical heritage of Blues for over twenty (20) years. Through performing Blues, and teaching "Blues-In-The-Schools" to elementary through university level students, "Big Daddy" recollects the stories behind the music and incorporates them into a mesmerizing acoustic performance called "Big Daddy's Blues Stories." With "Big Daddy's" four octave tenor voice (he's often called the "Pavarotti of Blues") and capable guitar work, and the accompaniment of master Blues harp player Michael 'Doc" Palecki, "Big Daddy's Blues Stories" is an engaging two hour musical journey through "Big Daddy's" original Progressive Urban Blues from his two (2) CDs "The 24th Hour" and "Firebrewed," and Blues classics. Webster and Palecki celebrate the release of their new acoustic CD, "Live From The Warehouse." Randall "Big Daddy" Webster has performed with Sam Lay, E.C. Scott, Coco Montoya, Charles Atkins, Larry Garner, Keb Mo, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Floyd Miles, Eddie Kirkland, Bill Wharton, Canned Heat, Bobby Rush, Johnny Rawls, Johnnie Marshall, and many many more. "Big Daddy" has recently begun production on a new nationally syndicated Blues radio show "Blues From Smoky Holler;" often jamming with some of the best Blues artists in the country. Says Webster, "I'm amazed at the vast wealth of Blues we've heard out there, all around the world. I think it's because Blues works on a primal level. I believe Blues works hand-in-hand with Spiritual music -- Blues identifies the problem and the Spirituals fix 'em. Mix it up and you've got chemotherapy for the soul!"
Master Blues harp accompanist Michael "Doc" Palecki hails from Miami, Florida and has played Blues harp with Diamond Teeth Mary, Lucky Peterson, Sarasota Slim, "The Sauce Boss" Bill Wharton, Blues legend Charles Atkins, St. Pete Twig, Pam Laws, Blues Diva Cathy Cotton and Randall "Big Daddy" Webster; and he's played Gospel music with Bernard and Angela Staton, (Bernard has been lead guitarist for Al Green, James Brown and Little Richard), Mount Temple Missionary Baptist Church of Liberty City, and George "Chocolate" Perry (bass player with Crosby Stills & Nash). The bottom line -- the man has chops! Says Palecki, "I play harmonica with feeling and intensity and love. I'm blessed to have played with some of America's best musicians, and each time they've passed on a little magic that I try to incorporate into my performance.”
Together Randall "Big Daddy" Webster and Michael "Doc" Palecki deliver brilliant high energy Blues that captivates audiences. Their musical history together dates back to "Acoustic Gumbo" in 1988, a group which included Nashville #1 hit songwriter Steve Leslie, Lincoln Center Jazz bassist Tim Fox, and percussionist Biff Adams. Since then, Webster and Palecki have merged their talents on several projects culminating with "Big Daddy's Blues Stories." It's Palecki's third tour of Ireland, and with "Big Daddy" leading the way they'll surely make another positive impact. Their combined talents are formidable. Don't miss "Big Daddy's Blues Stories!"
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON RANDALL "BIG DADDY" WEBSTER, MICHAEL "DOC" PALECKI, AND "BIG DADDY'S BLUES STORIES," PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE WWW.BIGDADDYBLUES.COM. BROADCAST (RADIO AND TELEVISION) AND PERIODICAL (NEWSPAPER AND MAGAZINE) INTERVIEWS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE BY REQUEST UNTIL JULY 6TH, 2005 BY PHONING +1(850) 933-3355.
TWO .JPG FILE PUBLICITY PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE ON EMAIL REQUEST. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE REGARDING THE UPCOMING "BIG DADDY'S BLUES STORIES IRELAND TOUR JULY 7-19, 2005.
THANKS A MILLION FOR SUPPORTING RANDALL "BIG DADDY" WEBSTER'S MINISTRY OF BLUES. WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST IN BLUES AND LIFE!
POST OFFICE BOX 1841
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA 32302-1841 USA
PHONE +1(850) 933-3355
FAX #1 +1(850) 877-4699
FAX #2 +1(850) 907-1225