Barrelhouse Blues E-news

  • news@barrelhouseblues.com
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 2, 2011
      Barrelhouse Blues E-news
      The Ultimate Soul Food™
      The World's Best Blues Resource!

      Newsletter formatting messed up? View Barrelhouse Blues E-news on-line:
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/newsletters/newsletter57.html

      Hi Blues Lovers,

      Before we get to What's New at http://www.barrelhouseblues.com, here's some stuff you might enjoy:

      Barrelhouse Blues - Stuff & News

      Johnny Winter Begins 2011 Drug-Free!

      As this years holiday gift, Johnny Winter was told by his Guitarist/Manager Paul Nelson (2011 KBA recipient) that he had been slowly lowering his methadone dosage for 3 years without Johnny's knowledge and, as a result, Johnyy is completely off of his 40 year addiction as of 8 months ago and is finally drug free! Johnny could not be more amazed, happier and healthier...

      Congrats and God Bless!

      2011 IBC By the Numbers: Spread the Word!

      The 27th International Blues Challenge will consist of:
      110 Bands, 83 Solo/Duo & 28 Youth acts adding up to 709 musicians representing 41 States & 13 countries.

      That’s 221 acts in 4 days and 5 nights. Over 500 performances with-in three city blocks. Only steps from great hotels and fantastic food.
      It can only happen in Downtown Memphis, Tennessee, on world famous Beale Street.

      The Blues Foundation Is the only organization in the world that can make it - a Blues Party!

      Tickets are on sale now! Click here to purchase yours:
      https://www.blues.org/tickets/ibc.php#ref=tickets_ibc

      RJ's Blues Muse

      If God had intended Man to smoke he would have set him on fire.

      Barrelhouse Blues Website News
      The overview of what's new on BarrelhouseBlues.com:

      The "Artist Spotlight"
      Our Artist Spotlight shines on "The Hollywood Blue Flames."
      These guys are serious about the Blues!
      Don't miss this exclusive interview:
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/hollywood_blue_flames.html

      Tate's Vintage Gallery
      Written by Blues aficionado and reporter Gary Tate,
      this month, the "Vintage Gallery" features "The Mercy Mercy Man!"
      Don Covay:
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/tvg_don_covay.html

      New in "Sound Impressions"
      New CD reviews!
      Check out some of our latest reviews - Buddy Guy, Kenny Neal, Jay Gaunt, Mitch Kashmar & the Pontiax, and Eddie Turner!
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/impressions_7.html

      The opening track on our homepage:
      Coco Montoya - "Fannie Mae," from the CD, "I Want it All Back.”
      (Always check our "Credits & Awards" page for information on the artist and the opening track on our homepage.)
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/index.html

      Barrelhouse Blues New England News

      For the most complete and up to date club listings, please visit our Calendar page:
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/calendar.htm

      B Street Blues new CD - Car Won't Go!

      New England's own, B Street Blues, has a new release available on CD and Digital Download!

      The CD, entitled “Car Won't Go,” was released on Sunday, December 12th, 2010, and features ten original B Street Blues songs! Recorded at NormT Recording Studios in Nashua, NH, the CD is superbly produced and features an abundance of great guest artists.

      To learn more, order, or listen to track samples, please click here:
      http://bstreetblues.com/cd2/

      If The Phone Don't Ring, Baby, You'll Know It's Me...

      We're looking for contributors, sponsors, reviewers and more!!
      To find out more, please email us, with your area of interest, at:
      mailto:marketing@...

      Find out how to advertise on the World's best Blues website!
      Click here:
      http://barrelhouseblues.com/advertise.htm

      That's all for now...

      As always, enjoy the Blues,

      and, Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, Wherever You Are.

      Robert John
      http://www.BarrelhouseBlues.com
      Our Mission: To Advance and Promote the Blues.
      Copyright © 2011 BarrelhouseBlues.com. All rights reserved

      BarrelhouseBlues.com endorses and promotes The Ricky "King" Russell Band and Drummer Phenom Daniel Banks.

      Note: If you do not wish to receive this, please send an email with "Please Remove" in the subject line.

      Click here for more infoClick here for more info

      Click here for more info
      Blues at its Best!
      Blues DVDs and more!
      Affordable websites for your band or business!
      Music booking and promotions
      Reach the largest Blues audience in the world!
      Click here for more info

      From our Archives
      Back in 2005, we interviewed New England's own Soul Man, Mighty Sam McClain. Check out the interview here:
      Mighty Sam McClain

      Barrelhouse Blues E-news is brought to you by BarrelhouseBlues.com

      To advertise on this newsletter, or BarrelhouseBlues.com, click here:
      http://www.barrelhouseblues.com/advertise.htm

      Copyright (C) 2011 BarrelhouseBlues.com - All rights reserved.

    • news@barrelhouseblues.com
      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 5, 2012
        Barrelhouse Blues E-news
        Barrelhouse Blues E-news
        The Ultimate Soul Food™
        The World's Best Blues Resource!

        Follow RJ of BarrelhouseBlues.com on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/iBarrelhouse

        Newsletter formatting messed up? View Barrelhouse Blues E-news on-line:
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/newsletters/newsletter60.html

        Hi Blues Lovers,

        Before we get to What's New at http://www.barrelhouseblues.com, here's some stuff you might enjoy:

        Barrelhouse Blues - Stuff & News

        The 2012 28th International Blues Challenge Result!!

        The winner of the band competition is: The WIRED! Band
        (Washington Blues Society)

        The winner of the solo/duo competition is: Ray Bonneville
        (Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas)

        The other winners are:
        2nd Place band: The Bart Walker Band
        (Nashville Blues Society)

        3rd Place band: Paula Harris
        (The Golden Gate Blues Society)

        2nd Place Solo/Duo: Dr. Don's Double Dose
        (Sydney Blues Society)

        The Gibson Guitarist Award went to: Bart Walker

        The Lee Oskar Top Harmonica Player was awarded to: Randy McQuay

        The Best Self Produced CD was judged to be:
        Where I'm Coming From... - Dave Keller
        Check out the BarrelhouseBlues.com reivew of this CD here:
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/impressions_9.html

        The Gibson guitar autographed by Blues Music Award nominees was won by Chris Hardwick

        Details can be found on the Blues Foundation website:
        http://blues.org/

        RJ's Blues Muse

        A witty woman is a treasure. A witty beauty is a power.

        Barrelhouse Blues Website News
        The overview of what's new on BarrelhouseBlues.com:

        The "Artist Spotlight"
        Our Artist Spotlight shines on "Junior Watson."
        West coast guitarist extraordinaire!
        Don't miss this exclusive interview:
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/junior_watson.html

        New in "Backstage Pass"
        Check out this interview with Matthew Stubbs:
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/backstage_matthew_stubbs2.html
        They say to be successful in this world you need a couple of things; talent and discipline. Matthew Stubbs has them both!

        Tate's Vintage Gallery
        Written by Blues aficionado and reporter Gary Tate,
        this month, the "Vintage Gallery" features:
        Junior Parker. He sang in Howlin’ Wolf’s band in 1949 yet Junior Parker’s future musical direction was atypical of Wolf and other blues contemporaries of the day. The feature begins here:
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/tvg_junior_parker.html

        New in "Sound Impressions"
        New CD reviews!
        Check out some of our latest reviews - Dave Keller, Amy Hart, Papa J and Friends, The Mighty Mojo Prophets, The Johnny Childs Band, The Cash Box Kings, Harvey Charles, Jim Allchin, and more!
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/impressions_9.html

        The opening track on our homepage:
        Dave Keller - "If I Ever Got You Back," from the CD, "Where I'm Coming From...”
        (Always check our "Credits & Awards" page for information on the artist and the opening track on our homepage.)
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/index.html

        If The Phone Don't Ring, Baby, You'll Know It's Me...

        That's all for now...

        As always, enjoy the Blues,

        and, Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, Wherever You Are.

        Robert John
        http://www.BarrelhouseBlues.com
        Our Mission: To Advance and Promote the Blues.
        Copyright © 2012 BarrelhouseBlues.com. All rights reserved

        Find out how to advertise on the World's best Blues website!
        Click here:
        http://barrelhouseblues.com/advertise.htm

        Note: If you do not wish to receive this, please send an email with "Please Remove" in the subject line.

        Blues at its Best!

        Click here for more info
        Blues DVDs and more!
        Click here for more infoAffordable websites for your band or business!
        Reach the largest Blues audience in the world!
        Click here for more info

        From our Archives
        Back in 2005, we interviewed Blues Diva, Ana Popvic. Check out the interview here:
        Ana Popovic

        Barrelhouse Blues E-news is brought to you by BarrelhouseBlues.com

        To advertise on this newsletter, or BarrelhouseBlues.com, click here:
        http://www.barrelhouseblues.com/advertise.htm

        Follow @iBarrelhouse

        Copyright (C) 2012 BarrelhouseBlues.com - All rights reserved.