Re: [NewYorkTango] Tango Video

  • Alexis Rosen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      On or around Jun 26, 2009, "Carlos Sampelayo" sampelayo@...
      wrote:
      > To all tango lovers.
      > Here is a nice video clip I am sure you will enjoy.
      > Carlos Sampelayo
      > Nominated for the 2008 Academy Award for Best Live Action Short. An
      > office clerk with a hankering to tango enlists the support of a
      > workplace colleague as he prepares for a date. See if you can see
      > why he does it..... Why is he really doing it?
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isDtYDmANkI

      Let me also recommend this film. It's only 11.5 minutes long, so it's
      not a big time investment. Don't be turned off by the poor tango
      dancing - you're watching someone learn, after all, and the dancing is
      really entirely beside the point.

      The movie is so clever that even if it were amateurishly made it would
      still be worthwhile, but it's not amateurish at all- production values
      are quite good, and some of the directing and camerawork is really
      excellent.

      Go on, click the link, you know you want to. (OK, maybe you don't
      know. But *I* do.)

      /a