June 27: Spice Salsa - Tango Festival

  • Reba Perez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2001
      Weds, June 27: Spice Summer Festival 2001: Salsa-Tango Party on Pier 63
      2 Dance Floors - 2 DJs - 2 Lessons -- 2 Live Bands - 2 Shows - Dance til
      2am!
      Our NEW IMPROVED WOODEN TANGO FLOOR is better than ever!
      Experience a one-of-a-kind summer-in-the-city dance party, "…like taking
      a fantastic vacation, even though you never leave 23rd Street!"

      Thanks to one of our fabulous sponsors, Dance Manhattan, for providing
      this evening's entertainment and instruction!

      6pm: DOORS OPEN - watch the sunset, drink, dance, eat . . .
      7PM: SALSA LESSON: Dance Manhattan on the Salsa Floor
      8pm: TANGO LESSON: Dance Manhattan in the Tango Tent

      2 Orchestras: NY Tango Trio & Bronx Horns
      DJs: RICHARD LIPKIN and BERNARD MARTINEZ

      10PM: Dance Manhattan on the Salsa Stage
      11PM: Dance Manhattan in the Tango Tent

      Pier 63 - north of Chelsea Piers Equestrian Ctr at 23rd St & W. Side Hwy
      Subways: C, E, 1/9, 6 to 23rd St; Bus: M23 West. PARKING AVAILABLE
      www.SPICEMEDIA.NET; MESSAGE CENTER: (212) 252-3753
      $18 first-X cover; $10 members (member card is given at first-X-entry)

      Get your July 4 tickets in advance. $25 first-time cover/$10 members;
      featuring Razz M'Tazz, Tove & Federico, Claudio & Augustina, Mega Break
      Dance, Ray Jay & His Orchestra, Trio Buenos Aires & more!

      SpiceMedia Productions: Ricardo Diez, Trey Parker, Reba Perez
      Sponsors/Performers (partial list): Angel & Rosa, Agustina & Claudio,
      Baila Tango, Carolina & Diego, Dance Manhattan, Fuerza Latina, Jimmy
      Anton, Jorday Rivera, Razz M' Tazz, Sandra Cameron, Stepping Out, Tove &
      Federico, Triangulo, XXI Studios, Valeria Solomonoff, You Should Be
      Dancing