NYC-National Dance Week at El Cachafaz

  • Ellen Sowchek
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      NYC - El Cachafaz Celebrates National Dance Week on Thursday, May 1, 2003

      This Thursday, May 1, 2003, El Cachafaz, the wonderful Thursday night milonga at the Dulaine Dance Center, celebrates National Dance Week with a decidedly international flavor!

      National Dance Week, April 25-May 4, 2003, is an event that is designed to focus attention on all types of dance in the United States. This year, El Cachafaz will be doing its part by making our celebration an international one! When we began El Cachafaz last December, we were delighted to learn of another milonga called "El Cachafaz", organized by John Lowry, that takes place on Friday nights in Salisbury, Queensland, Australia! We thought it would be fun to establish a "sister milonga" relationship - perhaps the first in the US - and what better time to do it than during National Dance Week. This Thursday we will be making our official announcement and taking lots of photos to send to Australia, so please join us for what is sure to be a really fun event. We will also be saying good-bye - at least temporarily - to our dear friend Jonelle Carter - who will be leaving New York next week for Copehnagen, Denmark, where she will be living and dancing tango, of course, with her new husband, Erik Lemcke. Please join us as we wish them well in their new life together.

      Date: Thursday, May 1, 2003
      Time: 9:30-10:30pm - warm-up and choice of beginner, intermediate and advanced lessons; 10:30pm-1:00am - dancing.
      Place: Dulaine Dance Center, 25 West 31st Street (between Broadway and Fifth Avenue), 4th FLoor, NY, NY 10001, 212 244-8400.
      As always, appetizers and refreshments are served.
      Admission: $10.00

      Sent via Pace University's WebMail system at fsmail.pace.edu