Spice E - Salsa Mon & Fri - TANGO Wed

  • Trey@SPICEmedia
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 23, 2003
      This Wednesday
      At the Empire Milonga,
      Join Guest Artists Horacio 'El Pibe' & Sandra

      With Your Host Reba Perez,
      The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am

      With DJ Richard Lipkin, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy

      Hope to see you all there!
      127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
      Ring Buzzer 17
      (212) 645-2441
      http://www.EmpireDance.com
      http://www.spicemedia.net

      TANGO Every WED Night

      Special NOTE:
      SEEKING tanguera models and tanguero dance partners for an upcoming sexy
      lingerie show at Empire Milonga.
      If any TANGO SIRENS and SEXY HUNKS are interested in strutting your stuff on
      the catwalk, please talk to me this Wednesday!

      Thanks, Reba
      Empire Milonga, Wed 9pm-1am

      127 West 25th Street,
      11th Floor, Buzzer 17
      (212) 645-2441
      http://www.EmpireDance.com

      SALSA SOCIAL! Monday Night
      MON, MARCH 24
      ED & MambOn2 present a Photo Exhibit by Pablo Muñoz featuring
      scenes of dancers, musicians & NY night life.
      Come out Monday for a fun night of art and dance
      at our DJ'd SALSA SOCIAL. 9-10:30pm.
      $5/door, FREE for ED students!

      TUES, MARCH 25: Mid-East Extravaganza
      Welcome to the Kasbah!
      Be beguiled by exotic Bellydancers & dynamic drummers
      led by Andrea & Raquy.
      Doors open 8:30pm, show 9pm.
      Reasonably priced
      Mid-Eastern food by Chef Rami will be available. $10/door.

      FRI, MARCH 28: Thank God It's Friday Empire Salsa Social!
      Hit the floor at NY's hottest party for Salseros in the know!
      Ready for some Serious Dancing to Classic Salsa Music
      DJ Lou On2! Showcase starring Jami & Co,
      Door Prizes and more! $10/door.
      Sponsored by Asuritmo.com and Empire Dance.

      SUN, March 30
      Tango Milonga, 7-10pm
      7pm: Basic Lesson
      8-10pm Live Tango Music
      Ansche Chesed Synagogue
      100th St, bet B'way & West End Ave
      $20/door, or call Empire Dance to get on our special $15 Empire Dance list

      --
      Trey Parker
      Spice Media Events

    • Trey@SPICEmedia
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2003
        This Wednesday
        At the Empire Milonga,
        Big Show by BailaTango

        Plus "Wearable Art" on display and for sale by Boutique Diane ‹
        great one-of-a-kind hand-crafted bags and accessories.
        (The bags are especially good for dancers,
        with adjustable straps to fit the body, sweet designs and lacey fabrics --
        great for all the upcoming outdoor dancing, so you can keep your valuables
        on you in style!)

        With Your Host Reba Perez,
        The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am

        Guest DJ Robin Thomas, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy

        Hope to see you all there!
        127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
        Ring Buzzer 17
        (212) 645-2441
        http://www.EmpireDance.com
        http://www.spicemedia.net

        TANGO Every WED Night

        Thanks, Reba & Trey

        127 West 25th Street,
        11th Floor, Buzzer 17
        (212) 645-2441
        http://www.EmpireDance.com

        TODAY TODAY TODAY - SUNDAY
        SUN, March 30
        Tango Milonga, 7-10pm
        --

        718 384 5143
        Trey Parker

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 5 11:50 AM
          This WEDnesday
          April 9th, At the Empire Milonga,
          You¹ll be treated to a fashion show of
          Vintage Lingerie by Boudoir La Femme,
          modeled by NY's sexy tangueros and tangueras!

          Plus We will Celebrate Joaquin's Birthday and Ney's return from Buenos
          Aires!

          With Your Host Reba Perez,
          The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am
          TANGO Lesson AT 9:00 PM with the beautiful and talented Jennifer Bratt

          Guest DJ Robin Thomas, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy
          ----------- -- -----------
          ----- ----------- ----
          Salseros! Asuritmo.com & EmpireDance
          are proud to present
          "TGIF Salsa Social!"
          THIS Friday, April 11.
          Get ready for some serious salsa by DJ Lou on 2, giveaways & great dancing!
          SHOW by the AMAZING Santorico Dance Company!
          (This AWESOME dance group rarely performs in NYC,
          so catch this opportunity to see salsa at its hottest!)

          Hope to see you all there!
          127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
          Ring Buzzer 17
          (212) 645-2441
          http://www.EmpireDance.com
          http://www.spicemedia.net
          TANGO Every WED Night
          Two Other Notes
          ³Assassination Tango² Review
          http://www.exploredance.com/assassinationtango32503.html
          And here are some other pictures Dr. Roberta E. Zlokower has taken at
          Exploredance.com
          http://www.exploredance.com/candids2903.html

          Thanks, Reba & Trey

          OH Yes - Two apartment shares notices
          From Trey
          Hello All...as you may have heard, Steve is moving to Mexico at the end of
          April.
          That means I lose a great roommate and need to find one equal or better.
          So if you know of anyone that may be interested, please have them contact
          me.
          The stats
          $700 a month (deposit also $700) utilities included (and will be on an18th
          month lease)
          Located on N 8th Street in Williamsburg Brooklyn, 1st stop into Brooklyn,
          the Bedford stop on the L Train
          2 blocks from the subway, parking is not bad but not like it used to be
          Ground floor plus backyard/garden, 1 1/2 blocks from the East river
          Quiet hours after 10:30 strictly enforced (a bummer but have learned to live
          with it)
          Your own room overlooking the garden, Share the rest of the space
          And I do have a cat (if you can believe that, a long story)

          As you know, I prefer someone that smokes or does not mind smoking
          Who can put up with tango music & dancing at all hours (exaggeration).
          Furthermore, I prefer someone who does not watch TV or at least is willing
          to wear headphones when they do. Though I do love movies and you can never
          watch enough movies. Contact Trey at 718 384 5143 or email
          trey@...

          From Rick
          Professional, Non-Smoker seeks Professional Non-Smoking Male or Female.
          Just cross the Hudson River (not the East River) to share a nice, modern,
          spacious 2 BR / 2 BATH condo in a classic, renovated brownstone in the
          Heights section of Jersey City (along the Hoboken border) - minutes to
          midtown or downtown NYC.

          Too Much To List: Your own PRIVATE bedroom with large closet, and full
          bathroom; hardwood floors; central AC/Heat; plenty of sunlight; laundry room
          in building; NYC buses at corner; 20 minute walk to Hoboken PATH station;
          only $ 675 + half Utilities per month. Call Rick at 1-908-612-5601 for more
          info.

          --
          Trey Parker
          Spice Media Events

        • Trey@SPICEmedia
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 14 8:14 PM
            This WEDnesday
            April 16th, At the Empire Milonga,

            Guest Performers are Shi-Wa and Maximiliano
            With Your Host Reba Perez,
            The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am
            TANGO Lesson AT 9:00 PM with the beautiful and talented Jennifer Bratt

            Guest DJ Robin Thomas, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy
            ----------- -- -----------
            ----- ----------- ----
            Salseros! Asuritmo.com & EmpireDance
            are proud to present
            "TGIF Salsa Social!"
            Friday, April 25th - Giveaway Gift Certificates from Capezio!
            Get ready for some serious salsa by DJ Lou on 2, giveaways & great dancing!

            Hope to see you all there!
            127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
            Ring Buzzer 17
            (212) 645-2441
            http://www.EmpireDance.com
            http://www.spicemedia.net
            TANGO Every WED Night
            Two Other Notes

            Tues, April 29:
            Belly Dance & Drum Party
            with Live Music by Raquy Danziger & The Messengers
            Performances by
            Andrea & Raqesat The Dancing Rubies, with Special Guests Safiya & Dancers!
            Doors open 8:30pm, performance @ 9pm - $10.
            Chef Rami will have Middle Eastern delights for sale . . .

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 25 11:55 AM
              This coming WEDnesday
              April 30th, At the Empire Milonga,
              Tango Photo Show by David Liu
              Guest Performance Walter Perez
              With Your Host Reba Perez,
              The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am
              TANGO Lesson AT 9:00 PM
              DJ Richard Lipkin, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy
              PLUS STAY TUNED FOR A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT
              ----------- -- -----------
              ------ ----------- -------
              Salseros! Asuritmo.com & EmpireDance
              Today - are proud to present - Today
              "TGIF Salsa Social!"
              TODAY Friday, April 25th -
              Giveaway Gift Certificates from Capezio!
              Get ready for some serious salsa by DJ Lou on 2, giveaways & great dancing!

              Hope to see you all there!
              127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
              Ring Buzzer 17
              (212) 645-2441
              http://www.EmpireDance.com
              http://www.spicemedia.net
              TANGO Every WED Night

              Thanks, Reba & Trey

              Other Notes
              SATurday
              DANCERS! SALSEROS/AS! WE WANT YOUR BODIES!
              We want YOU for our new Empire Dance Company!
              Beginners: Join us this Sat, April 26 @ 12noon - Tomorrow
              for a FREE "NY on 2" salsa class.
              All Others: Come 1pm for a FREE salsa class with Frank (Level 2) and an
              assessment of your dance level.

              If you are invited to join the Company Class (starts Sat, May 3)
              and you also take Level 2 @ 1pm,
              you will be invited to take Level 1 for FREE
              to hone your skills and to help the new students.
              ALL STUDENTS in any of Frank's classes get the Frank Garcia May Special:
              your first 4-week class will be $15 OFF (that is, $55 rather than $70);
              All additional classes will be the usual outrageously low $25 for a 4-week
              class.

              TUESday, April 29:
              Belly Dance & Drum Party
              with Live Music by Raquy Danziger & The Messengers
              Performances by
              Andrea & Raqesat The Dancing Rubies, with Special Guests Safiya & Dancers!
              Doors open 8:30pm, performance @ 9pm - $10.
              Chef Rami will have Middle Eastern delights for sale . . .

              NEW PICTURES ARE UP
              Exploredance.com
              http://www.exploredance.com/empirecandids4203.html

              --
              Trey Parker
              Spice Media Events

            • Trey@SPICEmedia
              Message 6 of 10 , May 5, 2003
                This WEDnesday
                MAY 7th, At the Empire Milonga,
                Tango Photo Show by David Liu
                Special extended Tango Class @ 8pm
                You chance to bring someone new to tango in anticipation of the outdoor
                milonga¹s (see more below)
                ROBERTA ZLOKOWER of ExploreDance.com will be celebrating her birthday
                With Your Host Reba Perez,
                The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am
                TANGO Lesson AT 8:00 PM
                DJ Richard Lipkin, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy
                ----------- -- -----------
                127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
                Ring Buzzer 17
                (212) 645-2441
                http://www.EmpireDance.com
                http://www.spicemedia.net
                TANGO Every WED Night
                ------ ----------- -------
                We are proud to announce RETURNING JUNE 4th, at least the Tango Part.
                "¡SPICE TANGO!"
                Pier 63 has a limited permit at this time that will allow us to only have
                tango.
                Stay tune - as we hope to have SALSA returning to the pier also.
                Tango Only Wed, June 4th Opening Night
                Live Tango Music
                Note MAY 28th will be the last indoor
                Empire Milonga as we move outside to the Pier.
                Also we are not able to advertise, we are only able to spread the news by
                word of mouth and email. Pier 63 located at 23rd Street and the Hudson
                River, behind Basketball City.
                DJ Richard Lipkin, $12/door, 9pm-1am ­ Tango Lesson at 8pm

                Hope to see you all there!

                Thanks, Reba & Trey

                Other Notes

                South Street Sea Port Tango - Pier 16 ­ (Has started now though its official
                run is Memorial Day to Labor day)
                Tango Porténo
                Grand kick off Sunday June 1st ­ Live Tango Music
                Sundays 6:30-9:30 (earliest it ends)
                On Pier 16 by the Peking Sailing Ship, end of pier 17 if it is raining

                Central Park Tango ­ Starting Saturday June 7th
                Shakespeare Statue (& Columbus Statue)
                6-9pm
                In case of rain we are at the Dairy Barn (southwest of the Statue)

                Tango Hotline
                212-726-1111 (A very big thanks to Richard Lipkin)

                Note these milongas take place rain or shine, all summer long!
                Does anyone know of any outdoor weekly Salsa events? Please email me ­
                thanks!

                See pictures of Empire Milonga at
                Exploredance.com
                http://www.exploredance.com/empirecandids4203.html

                --
                Trey Parker
                Spice Media Events
                212 252 3753
                trey@...
                http://www.spicemedia.net
                If you know other people that want to receive the SPICE E list reply to this
                email with SPICE Up My Week
                To be taken off the SPICE E List please reply to the email with HOLD THE
                SPICE as the Subject

              • Trey@SPICEmedia
                Message 7 of 10 , May 13, 2003
                  Tomorrow WEDnesday May 14th
                  At the Empire Milonga,
                  Special Guest Performance
                  Tango Photo Show by David Liu
                  With Your Host Reba Perez,
                  The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am
                  TANGO Lesson AT 8:00 PM
                  DJ Richard Lipkin, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy
                  ----------- -- -----------
                  127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
                  Ring Buzzer 17
                  (212) 645-2441
                  http://www.EmpireDance.com
                  http://www.spicemedia.net
                  TANGO Every WED Night
                  ------ ----------- -------
                  We are proud to announce RETURNING JUNE 4th, at least the Tango Part.
                  "¡SPICE TANGO!"
                  Pier 63 has a limited permit at this time that will allow us to only have
                  tango.
                  Stay tune - as we hope to have SALSA on Thursday Nights.
                  Tango Only Wed, June 4th Opening Night
                  Live Tango Music
                  Note MAY 28th will be the last indoor
                  Empire Milonga as we move outside to the Pier.
                  Also we are not able to advertise, we are only able to spread the news by
                  word of mouth and email. Pier 63 located at 23rd Street and the Hudson
                  River, behind Basketball City.
                  DJ Richard Lipkin, $12/door, 9pm-1am Tango Lesson at 8pm

                  Hope to see you all there!

                  Thanks, Reba & Trey

                  Jewish Singles: Kick off summer with Sizzling Salsa on the Hudson at the
                  Pre-Hamptons!
                  Pre-Fire Islands!
                  Pre-Memorial Day Summer Kick-Off on Pier 63!
                  Thursday, May 22, 8pm-midnite.
                  Pier 63 @ 23rd St on the Hudson River, behind Basketball City. Parking,
                  Cash bar and Kosher food available.
                  Rain or shine: a party tent covers all possibilities!
                  TICKETS: $20/door; $15/in advance
                  --

                  718 384 5143
                  Trey Parker

                  Send check to Empire Dance, 127 W 25 St, 11 Fl, NY, NY 10001, or call Reba
                  Perez at (212) 645-2441 or e-mail reba@...

                  Note: Checks must be received by May 21: your name will be on a VIP list
                  At the door. Space limited to the first 200 people; advance registration
                  will help
                  guarantee your entry.

                  Co-sponsored by Cong. BJ and Empire Dance
                  Sparkling water and starry skies shimmer in this romantic location on NY's
                  waterfront. So join host Reba Perez of Empire Dance for a fun lesson
                  followed
                  by music by "DJ Lou on 2"! Relax waterside and enjoy incredible skyline and
                  river views.
                  No experience or partner needed: our Salsa Lesson/Social
                  Mixer makes it easy and fun! Meet at the pier and hook up for the Hamptons!
                  Strike while the Salsa is hot. Be part of the Latin dance craze at NY's most
                  romantic location.

[...]

                  email with ³SPICE Up My Week²
                  To be taken off the SPICE E List please reply to the email with
                  ³HOLD THE SPICE² as the Subject

                • Trey@SPICEmedia
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 18, 2003
                    THIS Wednesday May 21st
                    Welcome Summer - Ending Chapter for Winter
                    At the Empire Milonga,
                    Special Guest Performances
                    Reba¹s Birthday Party & Last Indoor Tango Performance

                    With Your Host & Birthday Tanguera Reba Perez,
                    The fun starts at 9pm and we tango til 1am
                    TANGO Lesson AT 8:00 PM
                    DJ Richard Lipkin, $10/door, 9pm-1am & Enjoy

                    127 West 25th Street, 11th Floor
                    Ring Buzzer 17
                    (212) 645-2441
                    http://www.EmpireDance.com
                    http://www.spicemedia.net

                    Starting JUNE 4th ON The Pier - TANGO Every WED Night
                    NOTE No Tango NEXT Wed Night at Empire Dance
                    ------ ----------- -------
                    We are proud to announce RETURNING WED JUNE 4th, at least the Tango Part.
                    "¡SPICE TANGO!"
                    Pier 63 has a limited permit at this time that will allow us to only have
                    tango.
                    Stay tune - as we hope to have SALSA on Thursday Nights.
                    Tango Only Wed, June 4th Opening Night
                    Live Tango Music
                    Note This Wed MAY 21st will be the last indoor
                    Empire Milonga as we move outside to the Pier.
                    Also we are not able to advertise, we are only able to spread the news by
                    word of mouth and email. Pier 63 located at 23rd Street and the Hudson
                    River, behind Basketball City.
                    DJ Richard Lipkin, $12/door, 9pm-1am Tango Lesson at 8pm

                    Hope to see you there!

                    Thanks, Reba & Trey

                    THIS THURSDAY
[...]

                    Sundays 7-10 (earliest it ends)
                    On Pier 16 by the Peking Sailing Ship, end of pier 17 if it is raining

                    Central Park Tango Starting Saturday June 7th
                    Shakespeare Statue (& Columbus Statue about 68th street at the beginning of
                    the Mall)
                    6-9pm
                    In case of rain we are at the Dairy Barn (southwest of the Statue)

                    Tango Hotline
                    212-726-1111 (A very big thanks to Richard Lipkin)

                    Note these milongas take place rain or shine, all summer long!
                    Does anyone know of any outdoor weekly Salsa events? Please email me
                    thanks!
                    --
                    Trey Parker
                    Spice Media Events
                    212 645 2441

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 28, 2003
                      Sorry, Tango is on hold Tonight
                      So REST UP For Next Week
                      We are proud to announce RETURNING WED JUNE 4th, at least the Tango Part.
                      "¡SPICE TANGO!"
                      Pier 63 has a limited permit at this time that will allow us to only have
                      tango.
                      Stay tune - as we hope to have SALSA on Thursday Nights.
                      Tango Only Wed, June 4th Opening Night
                      Live Tango Music

                      Also we are not able to advertise to-date, we are only able to spread the
                      news by
                      word of mouth and email. Pier 63 located at 23rd Street and the Hudson
                      River, behind Basketball City.
                      DJ Richard Lipkin, $12/door, 9pm-1am Tango Lesson at 8pm
                      Hope to see you there!

                      With Your Host Trey Parker & Reba Perez,
                      The fun starts at 8pm and we tango til 1am
                      TANGO Lesson AT 8:00 PM
                      DJ Richard Lipkin, $12/door (Multi summer passes will be available), 9pm-1am
                      & Enjoy

                      (212) 645-2441
                      http://www.EmpireDance.com
                      http://www.spicemedia.net

                      Thanks, Reba & Trey

                      Other Notes

                      From Rick Castro (no relation)
                      Tito Castro has been visiting his daughter in Peru, so he has NO knowledge
                      of this announcement.
                      However, we know him as a most talented bandoneon player and friend of our
                      NYC Tango Community.
                      Unfortunately, he will soon return to NY without his musical and spiritual
                      "Life & Livelihood" (his bandoneon),
                      because he was robbed at gunpoint during his trip.

                      Therefore, please join us in helping Tito, a good and humble person, get
                      back on his feet. Even though his old bandoneon cannot be replaced in many
                      ways, we can showTito how much we regret his misfortune.

                      As a Tango Community, we can also minimize his emotional pain, and economic
                      burden, of replacing his bandoneon with some (monetary) contribution. You
                      can personally put it in his pocket the next time you see him, or you can
                      participate in any collection taken at upcoming Tango events.

                      Remember, Tito has NO idea that this notice is being distributed. Finally,
                      we encourage others to forward this announcement via other distribution
                      lists, websites or publications.
                      Thank you for your understanding and caring.

                      South Street Sea Port Tango - Pier 16 Has started
                      Tango Porténo
                      Grand kick off Sunday June 1st Live Tango Music (if Tito is Back see
                      note above)
[...]

                    • Trey Parker
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
                        Summer GRAND OPENING
                        We are so happy to announce this WED JUNE 4th,
                        "¡SPICE TANGO!"
                        Tango Party On Pier 63
                        Tango Wed, June 4th Opening Night
                        NY's most romantic and sensational tango location, with shimmering river views
                        and starry skies --
                        it's like a tropical vacation, right on 23rd St!
                        Join the festivities ...
                        SHOW: Walter Perez & Sandra Antognazzi!
                        Live Music: Tango Porteño (Mauricio Najt & Alberto Quiroga)
                        8pm Tango Lesson: by Caleb Cain Marcus & Ting Chin!
                        PLUS Very Special Guest Performances

                        Pier 63 located at 23rd Street and the Hudson
                        River, behind Basketball City. MAP at http://www.spicemedia.net
                        DJ Richard Lipkin, $12/door, Till 1am Tango Lesson at 8pm
                        5Pak Spice Entry Cards available
                        Looking forward to seeing you there!

                        Your Host Reba & Trey,
                        The fun starts at 8pm and we tango til 1am?

                        (212) 645-2441
                        http://www.EmpireDance.com
                        http://www.SpiceMedia.net
                        Pier 63 has a limited permit at this time -
                        SALSA fans please stay turned for upcoming events

                        Thanks, Reba & Trey

                        Other Notes

                        From Rick Castro (no relation)
                        Tito Castro was visiting his daughter in Peru last month. However, we know him
                        as a most talented bandoneon player and friend of our NYC Tango Community.
                        Unfortunately, he just returned to NY without his musical and spiritual "Life
                        & Livelihood" (his bandoneon), because he was robbed at gunpoint during his
                        trip.

                        Therefore, please join us in helping Tito, a good and humble person, get back
                        on his feet. Even though his old bandoneon cannot be replaced in many ways,
                        we can show Tito how much we regret his misfortune.

                        As a Tango Community, we can also minimize his emotional pain, and economic
                        burden, of replacing his bandoneon with some (monetary) contribution. You can
                        personally put it in his pocket the next time you see him, or you can
                        participate in any collection taken at upcoming Tango events. AND thanks to
                        all of you that have already generously given.

                        Thank you for your understanding and caring. Rick

                        South Street Sea Port Tango - Pier 16
                        Tango Porténo
                        Sundays 7-10 (earliest it ends)
                        On Pier 16 by the Peking Sailing Ship, end of pier 17 if it is raining

                        Central Park Tango Starting THIS Saturday June 7th