Tango Zen Workshop in NYC, March 12, 2006
- Tango Zen Workshop in New York City
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Building on the striking similarities between the tango and Zen
meditation, this workshop will introduce methods of integrating the
two practices. Dancers and non-dancers at any skill level can
experience and enjoy the benefits of Tango Zen. For more information
No Dance Experience Necessary
A Partner is not required
Come in comfortable clothes and socks
Class 1: Body Moves, Mind Flows, 12:00 to 1:30
Introduction to the basic concept of Zen meditation, breathing and
posture, and exercises for establishing mindfulness and connecting
with one's partner and music. Focus on centering, weight-shifting, and
walking in close-embrace.
Class 2: Tango Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, 1:30 to 3:00
Focus on the convergence of mind and body by practicing simple tango
movements and mindfulness.
$20 single class, $35 couple, $35 both classes
Participants receive a free copy of Chan's book, "Tango Zen: Walking
Register by 3/10: ako31@... 212-608-2627.
Times Square Studio, 743 8th Ave. (between 46th and 47th)
Also here are other upcoming Tango Zen events:
1. Tango Zen Workshop in Denmark, April 13-23, 2006
2. Tango Zen Workshop at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, April 28-30,
3. Workshop in Omega Institute, NY, July 5-7, 2006
4. Tango Zen Retreat in Candeleda, Spain, July 21-28, 2006
5. Tango Zen Workshop at La Frayssinette, France, August 27-September
6. Tango Zen Workshop in Split, Croatia, October 28-29, 2006
Check http://www.TangoZen.com/workshop.htm for more information.
"Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation"
Now available at TangoZen.com and Amazon.com
"Walk Here Now: Walk to Meditate, Anytime, Anywhere"
Stress reduction at work? Visit WalkHereNow.com