All Night Milonga

  • sarah La Rocca
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 17, 2002
      Back by popular demand...

      THE ALL NIGHT MILONGA
      Saturday, April 27th
      dancing starts at 10pm and goes all night
      in the big ballroom at Stepping Out Studios

      Celebrate Spring! featuring frozen margaritas at the
      bar. Bar service also includes beer, wine, champagne.

      Kick off the night at 9pm with an intermediate level
      TANGO CLASS taught by Johnny Martinez. Class is FREE
      for Stepping Out students, $5 for all others.

      Admission: EARLY BIRD PRICE only $10 before 11pm.
      $15 after 11pm. Class and milonga $15.
      Admission includes elegant food served all night in
      the bistro.

      We welcome all dancers of every persuassion, style and
      fashion.

      Stepping Out Studios
      37 West 26th Street @6th Avenue
      9th floor
      NYC

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • sarah La Rocca
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 24, 2002
        "I could have danced all night and I did"
        at NYC's only

        ALL NIGHT MILONGA
        Saturday, April 27th

        Dancing begins at 10pm and goes ALL NIGHT until the
        last couple leaves. Featuring our special new DJ
        Daniel Martinez and his amazing collection of music.

        Kick off the night at 9pm with an intermediate CLASS
        taught by Johnny Martinez of Stepping Out Studios.
        Class is FREE to current SO students. $5 all others.

        Celebrate Spring! Frozen margaritas at the bar. Bar
        service also includes wine, beer, champagne and soft
        drinks. Complimentary elegant food and coffee served
        all night in the bistro.

        Admission: milonga and class $15
        early bird special: $10 before 11pm, $15 after 11pm

        It all happens in the grand ballroom of
        Stepping Out Studios
        37 West 26th street @6th Avenue
        9th floor
        NYC
        646-7429400

        Dancers of all levels, styles, fashions and
        persuassions are most welcome. We have space for all!

        http://games.yahoo.com/
      • sarah La Rocca
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 30, 2002
          Hello Tangueros,
          A big THANK YOU to everyone who attend the All Night
          Milonga this past Saturday. In the course of the night
          nearly 100 tangueros passed through, including many
          out of town visitors. A special thanks to DJ Daniel
          Martinez for his program that kept us energized and
          dancing until nearly 5am. I had a lot of fun greeting
          you, feeding you, mixing margaritas at the bar,
          dancing and just hanging out. I hope you had fun too.
          The All Night Milonga will return again soon, so
          stayed tuned.

          Thank you for your support!
          Sincerely,
          sarah La Rocca

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • sarah La Rocca
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 4, 2002
            The All Night Milonga Returns!

            Saturday, June 15th
            dancing begins at 10pm with DJ Robin Thomas and
            continues all night long in our elegant air
            conditioned ballroom.

            We will be celebrating summer featuring American
            classic summer treats such as water melon, brownies,
            ice cream and hot dogs.

            As always, dress is casual but you can dress up if you
            prefer.

            Kick off the night at 9pm with an intermediate level
            tango class. Class is free for Stepping Out students.

            Class plus milonga $15
            early bird special $10 before 11pm (without class)
            $15 after 11pm. admission includes yummy food all
            night long. Cash bar available.

            Stepping Out Studios
            37 West 26th Street @6th Avenue
            NYC
            646-742-9400

            I look forward to seeing you!
            Sarah La Rocca

            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • sarah La Rocca
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 12, 2002
              Dear Friends,

              The All Night Milonga is on again this Saturday, June
              15th. It only happens once every few weeks, so don't
              miss out.

              Nationally acclaimed DJ Robin Thomas will be spinning
              the best of tango for us all night long.

              We are celebrating the arrival of summer with a buffet
              of classic summer favorite foods: watermelon, hot dogs
              (not dogs for te vegetarians) ice cream, brownies and
              other treats. The cash bar features margaritas, wine
              and beer.

              The night starts at 9pm with an intermediate level
              tango class. Dancing begins at 10 and goes all night,
              until the last dancers are done. Last time we danced
              until 5am!

              No dress code, be comfortable, come however you want.

              As always, we are in the very spacious grand ballroom
              of Stepping Out Studios, enjoying air conditioned
              splendor.

              Admission:
              Early bird special: only $10 before 11pm. What a
              deal!!! after 11pm $15
              class plus milonga $15 (class is FREE for Stepping Out
              Students.

              Stepping Out Studios
              37 West 26th Street @6th Avenue
              646-742-9400

              I look forward to seeing you and dancing with you all
              night long.

              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 11 1:44 PM
                Hello New York Tangueros,

                ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                Saturday, July 13th

                with DJ Richard "El Pibe" Lipkind

                9pm tango class (free for Stepping out students)
                10pm-5am dance tango, tango and more tango
                yes, we do dance until 5am!

                Complimentary favorite summer foods served all night.
                Cash bar for you alcohol and beverage needs.

                class plus milonga $15
                milonga only before 11pm $10
                after 11pm $15

                Fun, relaxed atmosphere. No dress code, no attitude,
                lots of space to dance without threat of bodily harm.
                Registration and tcikets for the NYC Tango Festival
                will be available. Get your tickets now before it
                sells out.

                In the big air conditioned ballroom of
                Stepping Out Studios
                37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                NYC

                I look forward to seeing you!
                Sarah La Rocca

                http://sbc.yahoo.com
              • sarah La Rocca
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 13, 2002
                  Dear New York Tango Dancers,

                  the ever popular All Night Milonga is on again this weekend!

                  Saturday September 14th in the spacious ballroom of Stepping Out Studios.

                  DJ: Daniel Martinez

                  9pm intermediate class with Alfredo Melendez

                  10pm-5am 7 hours of non stop tango

                  we will be showing the PBS documentary "I'm taking tango lessons" in the bisto throughout the night in case you missesd it on PBS Friday.

                  fine foods and the traditional hot dogs served all night in the bistro. Cash bar for all your alcohol needs.

                  admission: class plus milonga $15

                  early bird special: milonga only $10 before 11pm

                  after 11pm $15

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 9, 2004
                    The famed and fabulous NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                    Saturday March 13th

                    a super special night of tango!
                    Guest Artist Carina Losano
                    Guest DJ Ramu
                    and celebrating Sarah La Rocca's birthday
                    performances at midnight

                    9pm intermediate class with Carina
                    dancing from 10pm to 5am

                    abundant refreshments served. Birthday cake for all. BYOB suggested.

                    The Comme Il Faut Tango Shoes are here! The hottest sexiest shoes for Tango Divas. Come ready to shop.

                    as always, in the spacious ballroom of
                    Stepping Out Studios
                    37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                    646 742 9400

                    See you Saturday night!

                    Sarah la Rocca
                    Your Hostess
                  • sarah La Rocca
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 2, 2004
                      Queen of the Night Productions and Baila Tango present

                      The ALL NIGHT MILONGA "Tango a la Turca"
                      our annual celebration of Turkish tango
                      Saturday April 10th

                      featuring guest artist Metin Yazir and Vanessa
                      with DJ Robin Thomas

                      9pm FREE beginner and intermediate class with Metin, Vanessa and Baila Tango
                      dancing from 10pm to 5am
                      Turkish food, desserts and coffee. BYOB OK
                      belly dance and tango performances at midnight

                      admission is just $15 and includes class and abundant refreshments

                      enjoy our super spacious dance floor, relaxed vibe and some of the best dancers around!

                      Stepping Out Ballroom
                      37 West 26th Street @ 6th Avenue
                      646-742-9400 for info

                      www.steppingoutstudios.com
                      www.bailatango.com

                      See you next Saturday!
                      Sarah

                    • sarah La Rocca
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 3, 2004
                        Queen of the Night Productions announces...
                        THE NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                        Saturday May 8th

                        I have an excpetional night of tango planned for your pleasure, including
                        PAJAMA PARTY! Come in your PJ"s, be they sexy or flannel...men that means you too!

                        9pm intermediate and up class with Maximilliano "Gytano"
                        10pm to 5am dancing with DJ Maria Jose
                        performances at midnight by TANGO FUSION plus Maximilliano and Sarah

                        Art Exhibition by Lucille Krasne "Lucilles' One Night Stand at the All Night Milonga"
                        Tarot and astrology readings by Lexa Rosean.
                        abundant refreshments served. BYOB Suggested.

                        and for all of this admission is only $15

                        as always, in the spacious ballroom of
                        Stepping Out Studios
                        37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                        NYC
                        646 742 9400 for more info or directions

                        The All Night Milonga is famous, it's fabulous, and you shouldn't miss it.

                        Your Host,
                        Sarah la Rocca

                      • sarah La Rocca
                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 6, 2004
                          The NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                          Saturday September 11th

                          Tango 9pm to 5am! Not for the faint of heart!

                          we start at 9pm with an intermediate class. This month Jak Karako is the guest teacher.
                          dancing from 10pm to 5am with DJ extroadinaire Robin Thomas
                          performances somewhere around 12 midnight

                          wide open space to dance, plenty of good food to keep you going, relaxed vibe and your hostess The Queen of the Night

                          admission is $15, which includes the class

                          as always at...
                          Stepping Out Studios
                          37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                          NYC
                          646 742 9400 for info or directions:

                          The Queen of the Night and the All Night Milonga could use your help. Volunteers to help
                          with set up and or clean up needed so the Queen can have more fun. A great exchange if you are broke or just like to help. Email me if you are interested. MERCI

                          See you sat night.

                          Sarah La Rocca

                        • sarah La Rocca
                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 4, 2004
                            Hooray! Hooray! It is coming soon...
                            the NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                            Saturday November 13th

                            dancing 10pm to 5am with special guest DJ Ramu
                            9pm intermediate class. teacher TBA.
                            performances around midnight

                            last month 250 dancers attended the All Night Milonga and we still had space for more.
                            Enjoy our super-sized dance floor and great space.
                            Dancers of all styles, levels and persuassions are welcome.

                            admission is $15 and includes the class @ 9pm and lots of goodies to eat.
                            BYOB is suggested because everything is better with wine!

                            Stepping Out Studios 37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave, New York City
                            646 742-9400

                            The All Night Milonga is a Queen of the NIght Production
                            and hosted by Sarah La Rocca

                          • sarah La Rocca
                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 10, 2004
                              The Queen of the Night Proudly announces
                              The ALL NIGHT MILONGA is back!
                              Saturday November 13th

                              with the usual great line up of DJ's, perfromers and teachers:

                              9pm intermediate class with Maria Jose Sosa, just back from Buenos Aires.
                              dancing 10pm to 5am with Guest DJ Ramu.
                              Ramu is one of the top tango DJ's in the USA and a frequent DJ at tango festivals.
                              Performance at Midnight with DANIELA & ARMANDO (to be confirmed. stay tuned)

                              last month 250 tangueros turned out for the All Night Milonga. It is well established as a good time all the way around.

                              admission is $15 and includes the class and lots of goodies to eat. BYOB is suggested.

                              Stepping Out Studios
                              37 West 26th Street @ 6th Avenue
                              NYC
                              646 742 9400 for info and directions

                            • sarah La Rocca
                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 4, 2005
                                the famed and fabulous NYC All Night Milonga returns
                                Saturday April 9th

                                Welcome back special guest METIN YAZIR
                                9pm intermediate class with Metin
                                Dancing 10pm to 5am with DJess "La Turca" Yesim
                                Midnight tango show with Carlos Yannacanedo and other surprises

                                admission is $15 and includes the class
                                abundent reshreshments served. BYOB is suggested.

                                the all night milonga is about social dancing at its best. always the best music, the best wide open dance floor and 200 tangueros to mix with.

                                Stepping Out Studios
                                37 West 26th Street
                                9th floor
                                New York City
                                646-742-9400

                              • sarah La Rocca
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 3, 2005
                                  Queen of the Night Productions Presents
                                  THE NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                                  SATURDAY MAY 14TH

                                  Dancing from 10pm to 5am featuring DJ Maria Jose Sosa.
                                  Class (intermediate level) 9pm by Maria Jose
                                  and....
                                  Direct from Buenos Aires! Midnight Tango Show with Special Guests
                                  FABIAN PERALTA & GABRIELA LAVAGNINI from the show Swango.

                                  And the Comme il Faut tango shoes will be here! Come ready to shop for the most fantastic tango fetish foot wear!

                                  The All Night Milonga is committed to social tango at its best. Always the best wide open space, the best music, the best DJ's and teachers, with more than 200 tangueros in the mix to dance with.

                                  Admission is $15, which includes the class, ample refreshments and 7 hours of dancing.

                                  Stepping Out Studios, 37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave, NYC
                                  646-742-9400 for info and directions.

                                  NEWS FLASH: The All Night Milonga will be open this New Years Eve for the first time ever! DJ Ramu is coming and we promise to keep the price under $25. Stay tuned for updates.

                                  See you there.

                                  Sarah

                                • sarah La Rocca
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jun 10, 2005
                                    It's famous. It' fabulous. It's open all night!
                                    NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                                    Saturday June 11th

                                    This month we welcome special guests
                                    ANGEL GARCIA CLEMENTE & ROSA COLLANTES!
                                    the evening begins at 9pm with an intermediate class taught
                                    by Angel & Rosa
                                    Dancing 10pm to 5 am with NYC's hottest new DJ Yesim "La Turca"
                                    Midnight tango show with Angel and Rosa

                                    admission is $15 and includes the class.
                                    healthy vegetarian friendly snacks served all evening.
                                    BYOB is suggested.for those who want wine, champagne
                                    and other libations the house usually cannot provide.

                                    With more than 200 tangueros in the mix, the All Night Milonga is famous for
                                    a friendly relaxed vibe and high quality dance experience. Dancers of all
                                    levels are welcome. Over the course of ten years I have spent thousands
                                    of hours in hundreds of milongas all over the world. I am committed to
                                    providing the best possible social dance experience that I can for you.

                                    anyway, just come because it is always fun and the show will be hot.

                                    Stepping Out Studios
                                    37 West 26th Street between 6th Ave and Broadway
                                    NYC 646-742-9400

                                    The All Night Milonga is a Queen of the Night Production, hosted by Sarah La Rocca

                                  • sarah La Rocca
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 4 11:37 AM
                                      It's famous, it's fabulous, it's open all night!
                                      ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                                      SATURDAY JULY 9th

                                      Dancing 10pm until dawn with DJ Robin Thomas
                                      The evening begins at 9pm with a FREE intermediate class
                                      this month we welcome guest teachers from San Francisco
                                      Christopher Nassopoulos and Carloline Peattie (www.carolineandchristango.com)
                                      Performances around Midnight

                                      The All Night Milonga draws over 200 tangueros each and every month.
                                      Come and dance with your friends and discover some new ones.
                                      Dancers of all levels are welcome. We have room for everyone.
                                      No dress code.

                                      Enjoy our huge wide open dance floor, air conditioning and lots of yummy healthy snacks served up all night. BYOB is ok. Admission is just $15 and includes the class.

                                      The All Night milonga is a Queen of the Night Production hosted by Sarah La Rocca
                                      with Marco at the door, Jose in the bistro and Lucy la Gatta roaming about.

                                      See you Saturday night!

                                    • Sarah La Rocca
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 4, 2005
                                        I'ts famous, it's fabulous, it's open all night
                                        NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA

                                        Saturday December 10th
                                        10pm to 5am with DJ Robin Thomas
                                        Intermediate class at 9pm with DANIELA & ARMANDO
                                        Midnight show by Daniela and Armando and Les Femmes Fatales
                                        (and it's Armando's birthday celebration!!)

                                        Tangueros of all levels and styles are welcome. We have a huge ballroom with room for everybody. Dress is casual or fancy-whatever makes you happy.

                                        Admission is $15, which includes the class and an abundance of healthy snacks.
                                        BYOB is ok.

                                        Stepping Out Studios
                                        37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                                        NYC
                                        646-742-9400

                                        NEWSFLASH: By popular demand, the ALL NIGHT MILONGA IS OPEN ON NEW YEARS EVE!!!!
                                        same great milonga only even better.
                                        Dancing 10pm to at least 5am with DJ Ramu
                                        Class at 9pm
                                        admission is only $25 at the door (no advanced sales)
                                        and includes the class, dessert, healthy snacks and
                                        champagne toast at midnight.
                                        Cash bar available for wine, beer & champagne.
                                        casual or formal attire.

                                        See you there.

                                        Sarah

                                      • Sarah La Rocca
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Apr 7, 2006
                                          It's famous, it's fabulous and it's open all night
                                          NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                                          Saturday April 8th

                                          Featuring the Istanbul All Stars:
                                          Metin Yazir from Baila Tango is our guest teacher. Intermediate class at 9pm.
                                          DJ Yesim "la Turca" who was recently shaking up the milongas in Bs As
                                          will keep you dancing all night.
                                          Tarot and Astrology readings by Lexa Rosean

                                          Dancing 10pm to 5am
                                          Pre-milonga class at 9pm
                                          Midnight show...maybe yes, maybe no...I am not sure yet. But hey nobody comes to a milonga just for the show.

                                          Admission is $15 and that includes the class and really decent snacks. BYOB is ok.

                                          The All Night Milonga in NYC is a big casual tango experience. Usually there are
                                          more than 200 tangueros passing through in the course of the night.
                                          Dancers of all levels and styles are welcome.
                                          With the biggest dance floor in NYC, we have space for everyone.
                                          As I hate to dress up, I dont expect you to dress up either, unless of course
                                          that is your thing and you actually enjoy it. I am committed to creating an
                                          excellent and relaxed social dance experience.
                                          Always the best DJ's and teachers and are featured.
                                          The All Night Milonga is a Queen of the Night Production
                                          hosted by Sarah la Rocca.

                                          our address:
                                          Stepping Out Studios ballroom
                                          37 West 26th Street (between 6th Ave & Broadway)
                                          New York City, USA
                                          646-742-9400 for directions, ect.

                                          That wraps it up.
                                          Go well and see you saturday night..

                                          Sarah

                                        • Sarah La Rocca
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jul 12 12:12 PM
                                            ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                                            Saturday July 14th

                                            Direct from Buenos Aires! Special guest instructor
                                            CLAUDIO ASPREA
                                            intermediate level and up class at 9pm
                                            Dancing 10pm to 5am
                                            DJ Ramu Pyreddy
                                            Show TBA

                                            Admission: $15 general public
                                            $10 current stepping out students & college students with id.
                                            Price includes the class and wonderful refreshments.
                                            And as requested by Rick Castro, the hot dogs are back!

                                            CLAUDIO'S new tango DVD Tango From the Heart
                                            will be available for preview & sale.
                                            Our in house astrologer LEXA ROSEAN
                                            will be available for tarot & astrology readings
                                            The FELINA Tango Shoe Boutique will be open.
                                            Grab a pair of the latest sexy shoes.
                                            And it's your last chance to buy tickets to the NYC Tango Festival
                                            before the price goes up on Sunday!

                                            The All Nighter is NYC's most popular milonga.Tangueros of all styles and levels
                                            are welcome. With the largest dance floor in town, we have free range room for all.
                                            It's casual and friendly and yes, it is air conditioned.

                                            Stepping Out Studios
                                            37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                                            New York
                                            646 742 9400

                                            For complete details and updates please visit

                                            Claudio Asprea www.actango.com.ar
                                            Lexa Rosean www.LexaRosean.com

                                          • Sarah La Rocca
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Sep 6, 2007
                                              Hola Tangueros!
                                              The famous NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA returns
                                              Saturday September 8th

                                              DJ: Robin Thomas
                                              9pm Intermediate/advanced class with the lovely Viviana Parra,
                                              direct from Buenos Aires!
                                              and
                                              NEW! 9pm class for new milongueros with Carlos
                                              Make a successful transition form the classroom to the dance floor.
                                              For beginner/adv beginners.
                                              Please note that classes now will start at 9pm sharp!

                                              And we are celebrating Ruben's birthday! Cake for everyone!
                                              Chino Hara will be there with the Felina Tango Shoe Boutique
                                              Lexa Rosean, our resident astrologer and witch, will be doing readings.

                                              Admission is $15 and includes the class plus delicious healthy snacks
                                              and free wine served all night.

                                              Stepping Out Studios
                                              37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave
                                              NYC
                                              646-742-9400

                                              The All Night Milonga is NYC's most popular and vibrant milonga.
                                              Always the best DJ's, teachers and performers plus our 40 X 60 foot
                                              ballroom. Tangueros of all styles and levels are welcome.
                                              For complete details and news updates visit the web site

                                              See you Saturday night.

                                              Sarah la Rocca

                                            • Sarah La Rocca
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Feb 7, 2008
                                                NYC All Night Milonga
                                                Saturday February 9th

                                                Dancing 10pm to 5am !

                                                9pm intermediate class with Alfredo Melendez.
                                                Alfredo will teach milonga, which we all need help with.

                                                Special screening of the award winning short film
                                                "Tango Octogenario: Love is Just a Dance Away"
                                                starring veteran NYC tangueros Alex Turney and his late wife Jean.
                                                Alex and Jean were married for 57 years and tango was ahuge part of their life.
                                                Alex was 70 when he first began to dance tango. That was 19 years ago and he is still dancing. Alex is an inspiration to us all.

                                                Great midnight show by Alfredo Melendez and Susan Robinson
                                                plus a very special theatrical appearance by Alex Turney.

                                                DJ Yesim La Turca

                                                Admission: $15 general admission.
                                                $10 for Stepping Out students and current university students with ID.
                                                Admission includes the class (what a deal !) plus wonderful refreshments.
                                                Free wine while supplies last. BYOB is also welcome.

                                                Tarot and astrology readings by Lexa Rosean

                                                Stepping Out Studios, 37 West 26th Street @ 6th Ave.
                                                NYC, USA.

                                                For complete info please visit the web site

                                                Until then, be well.

                                                Sarah La Rocca

                                              • Sarah La Rocca
                                                Message 23 of 26 , May 6, 2008
                                                  It's famous, it's fabulous, it's open all night
                                                  The NYC ALL NIGHT MILONGA
                                                  Saturday May 10th

                                                  Dancing 10pm to 5am
                                                  DJ Ilene Marder of Woodstock tango fame
                                                  9pm intermediate tango class with Lexa Rosean
                                                  Midnight performance by the legendary Tete and Silvia

                                                  General admission $15, $10 for Stepping Out students and college students with ID.
                                                  Admission includes the class.

                                                  Wonderful refreshments served all evening
                                                  We no longer serve wine but you are welcome to BYOB.

                                                  Stepping Out Studios
                                                  37 West 26th street @ 6th Ave
                                                  NYC
                                                  646-742-9400

                                                  For complete details visit the web site

                                                  Thank you very much !
                                                  Sarah la Rocca

                                                • Sarah La Rocca
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jun 12, 2008

                                                    ALL NIGHT MILONGA

                                                    Saturday June 14th

                                                    9pm to 5am !

                                                    9pm intermediate class with Carlos Stasi and Susana Guevara.

                                                    Carlos is the host/organizer of the world famous milonga

                                                    Porteno y Bailarin in Buenos Aires.

                                                    They are beautiful dancers of classic social tango and they are so fun too !

                                                    performance at midnight

                                                    DJ Tine Herreman is back by popular demand !

                                                    Hosted by Sarah La Rocca

                                                    Lexa Rosean will be available for tarot & astrology readings.

                                                    The tango boutique will be open and full of shoes, jewelry and dresses

                                                    for the stylish tanguera. Come ready to shop !

                                                    General admission is $15, $10 Stepping Out students and college students

                                                    admisson includes the class and wonderful refreshments,

                                                    including the return of the vegan hot dogs for summer !

                                                    Stepping Out Studios

                                                    37 West 26th street 2 6th ave

                                                    NYC, USA

                                                    for complete details and updates visit the web site

                                                    www.myspace. com/allnightmilo nga

                                                    Thank you.

                                                  • myurnet
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Sep 22, 2009
                                                      The situation that occurred at the All Night Milonga has given a lot of folks lots to talk and think about. I wasn't there and am glad I wasn't. However, I have received many emails regarding the situation and it has brought up feelings I have had for a while.

                                                      Tango is a social dance from Argentina that has a list of long standing rules. One of the rules has to do with how to invite someone to dance. New Yorker's know the rules very well as we are an intelligent bunch. Yet, many have decided to disregard that rule. Men approach women and ask them to dance and women approach men as well. And that's their choice.

                                                      However, I feel if they are going to disregard the "way it is done in Buenos Aires", they should at least exercise some sensitivity and be cognizant of the surrounding circumstances. Observe whether that person is in a group, or on a date, or in the middle of a conversation with someone, or whether that person looks like they want to dance and are looking to dance before asking.

                                                      My own personal experience has been that every time I go tango dancing with my husband, women we do not know ask him to dance. And sometimes, it puts us in an awkward situation for the following reasons: sometimes he'd rather not dance with them but does it out of courtesy (because he is always a perfect gentlemen), and sometimes I just prefer that he not dance with women that aren't friendly toward me. And as result, our personal choices are invaded every time we go to a milonga.
                                                    • Sarah La Rocca
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Dec 10, 2009
                                                        NYC ALL Night Milonga
                                                        Saturday December 12th

                                                        Special guest DJ Ramu Pyreddy in the main ballroom
                                                        DJ Gosha in the alternative/nuevo room

                                                        Dancing 10pm to 4am
                                                        (Sorry but we must close one hour early this time)

                                                        GUILLERMINA QUIROGA, Tango Goddess & artist extroadinaire,
                                                        will teach the intermediate class at 9pm.

                                                        Beginner class also at 9pm for brave new tangueros

                                                        The ballroom is decorated for the holidays and is very festive !
                                                        Complimentary wine (while it lasts) and plenty of yummy snacks.
                                                        BYOB is ok.
                                                        Tangueros of all levels, styles, stripes and spots are welcome.

                                                        Admission is $15, $10 for students with ID.
                                                        Class is included, what a deal !!

                                                        Stepping Out Studios