Hello - Desparate new arrival in NYC needs Tango lessons for couples!

  • mrcosmopolitan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2002
      Pardon me,

      But I am a newbie to both Tango dancing and New York's Tango scene
      (having recently moved here from San Francisco where I was an avid
      salsa/merengue dancer).

      Can anyone help me find a Thursday night hotspot that I can take my
      girlfriend to and receive beginner's lessons? Preferably a night club
      or bar (because we'd be a little intimidated in a brightly lit studio
      without any drinks to loosen our dancing and quell our anxiety), but it
      can be a smaller studio too :)

      I would greatly appreciate any help on this and also on Tango
      vocabulary & culture!

      -Mo Ghanta
    • mrcosmopolitan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2002
        Hello everyone!

        I'd just like to thank everyone who wrote to me recommending places.
        My girlfriend and I had a great time at La Nacional on Thursday night
        and look forward to learning more!

        Sincerely,
        -Mr. Mo Ghanta

        --- In NewYorkTango@y..., "mrcosmopolitan" <mrcosmopolitan@y...>