Brigitta WINKLER in Durham, NC; October 27-31, 2005

  • Gülden Özen
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2005
      Tangueros,
      Brigitta WINKLER will be visiting us in Durham this October to teach
      workshops and to enjoy dancing with us at our milongas.

      About Brigitta:
      Brigitta is one of the world's most praised teachers and innovative dancers
      of tango. Her exquisite creativity, clarity and understanding of the dance
      and music have inspired dancers around the world. Brigitta co-founded the
      highly respected Tanzart studio in Berlin in 1987, and also the
      internationally acclaimed Tango Mujer, a pioneer dance company exploring
      the boundaries between tango and contemporary dance.
      Brigitta Winkler lives in New York and Berlin. She has discovered Argentine
      tango in 1980. Brigitte´s mastersin Buenos Aires include Juan Carlos Copes,
      Antonio Todaro, Pepito Avellaneda, Gustavo Naveira, and Eduardo Arquimbau .
      She is a frequent guest teacher at Dance Manhattan, and incorporates into
      her interpretation of tango and Body Mind Centering, which she studied in a
      four year program with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen. With a degree in Body-Mind
      Centering and over twenty years of experience teaching and performing tango
      around the globe, she is one of the most inspiring and innovative artists
      in the tango world today.
      She is an equally gifted resource for both close embrace and open style
      tango. Her classes are insightful, creative, and fun!

      Early registration deadline for this event is: OCTOBER 21 ! We must RECEIVE
      your payments by this date to be able to accept your registration as "early
      registration".

      WORKSHOPS & MILONGAS
      with BRIGITTA WINKLER in Durham, NC
      October 27-31, 2005 / Thursday - Monday

      Refine your tango skills by studying with a great instructor and dancer
      from Berlin & NYC and by practicing/dancing with tangueros from Carolinas
      and beyond!

      October 27, THURSDAY
      8:00 - 9:15pm Class 1 – Encounters in movement:
      Keep and lose the balance to get it back together! (Int./Adv.)
      10:00pm - 11:00pm Guided PRACTICA
      @ Triangle Dance Studio

      October 28, FRIDAY
      8:30 - 9:45pm Class 2 – Secrets of the Close Embrace:
      Posture, connection, rhythmic walking.(All Levels)
      10:00pm - 1:00am MILONGA (DJ: Jason LAUGHLIN )
      @ Triangle Dance Studio

      October 29, SATURDAY
      12:30 - 1:45pm Class 3 - New Ideas for Close Embrace: A rich mix of
      newer tango moves. (All Levels)
      2:00 - 3:15pm Class 4 - The World of Cunitas: The many variations of
      rocking steps. (Int.)
      3:45 - 5:00pm Class 5 - ”See the music listen to the dance” (
      musicality) (Int.)

      @ Triangle Dance Studio

      October 29, SATURDAY (Night)
      Special "Halloween Milonga" on October 29 at the Triangle Dance Studio!
      8:30pm - 2:30am MILONGA (DJs: Cecil HO & Jason LAUGHLIN)
      @ Triangle Dance Studio

      October 30, SUNDAY
      12:30 - 2:00pm Class 6 - Increase your momentum: orbits! ( open embrace /
      Int.)
      2:30 - 4:00pm Class 7 - Slow is delicious! ( milonguero style / Int.)
      4:00 - 5:00pm Guided PRACTICA

      @ Triangle Dance Studio

      *Private lessons with Brigitta are available on Thursday,Friday, & Sunday.
      Please contact Gulden at "gulden@..." or (919)423-7681 to
      schedule privates.

      Pricing:

      *Payments received on or before Oct. 21:

      PACKAGE I (“All Events” -- includes 7 Classes + 2 Milongas + 2 Practicas):
      $140/person ($125 for college students)
      PACKAGE II ( “Weekend Package” -- includes 6 Classes + 2 Milongas + 1
      Practica):
      $120/person ($105 for college students)
      ONE Class: $20/person ($18 for college students)
      Friday MILONGA: $10/person ($8 for college students) - includes refreshments
      Saturday MILONGA: $15/person ($12/college student) – includes appetizers,
      desserts & beverages

      *Payments received after Oct. 21:

      PACKAGE I (“All Events” -- includes 7 Classes + 2 Milongas + 2 Practicas):
      $160/person ($145 for college students)
      PACKAGE II ( “Weekend Package” -- includes 6 Classes + 2 Milongas + 1
      Practica):
      $140/person ($125 for college students)
      ONE Class: $25/person ($22 for college students)
      Friday MILONGA: $12/person ($10 for college students) - includes refreshments
      Saturday MILONGA: $18/person ($15/college student) – includes appetizers,
      desserts & beverages

      * Tango travelers, please contact us regarding group discounts for groups
      of 4 or more out-of-town guests!

      Payments:
      Please contact Tangophilia at “gulden@...” before sending in
      any payments! We will do our best to maintain gender balance at our events.
      Registrations are not completed until you receive confirmation from us!
      Credit Card payments possible ONLY through www.tangophilia.com, we cannot
      accept cards over the phone or at the door! Checks should be made out to
      Jason LAUGHLIN and mailed to: 5814 Henner Place, Durham, NC 27713.

      Refund Policy:
      Before the early registration deadline: We can refund the full payment.
      Before the date of the event (class, practica or milonga): We can refund
      50% of the payment for events that you will not be able to attend. For a
      refund, you must contact us at Tangophilia at 919-361-5145 or 919-423-7681
      24 hours before the date of the event.
      NO REFUNDS will be given if you cannot attend the event but tell us on or
      after the date of the event.

      Accommodation:
      We have limited availability for accommodations with the local tangueros.
      Please contact us ASAP if you'd like to stay with a local.

      Hotels:
      Any hotel located on South Miami Blvd., Durham, NC is close to the dance
      studio, at ~5 mins driving distance.

      And
      Marriott Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel
      will help our guests by providing a complimentary shuttle service between
      the hotel and the studio up to 3 times a day as groups, not for
      individuals. This might be a good deal for those who will fly in:

      2001 Hospitality Court
      Morrisville, North Carolina 27560 USA
      Phone: 1-919-467-9444
      Fax: 1-919-467-9332
      Standard room : $64.00
      For reservations: 1-800-228-9290 Courtyard Marriott Reservations
      Complimentary shuttle service provided from/to the airport and
      from/to the dance studio (Triangle Dance Studio) 2-3 times a day.
      To get this rate and the free shuttle service, please let them know that
      you are a Tangophilia guest.

      Homewood Suites down the road from the Triangle Dance Studio can be visited
      on-line at:
      http://www.homewoodsuitesraleighdurham.com/accommodations.htm

      Also,
      <http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>La
      Quinta Inn and Suites Raleigh Research Park
      1910 West Park Drive
      Durham, North Carolina 27713
      Phone: (919) 484-1422
      Fax: (919) 484-1423

      See you in Durham, NC!

      Gulden Ozen
      Tangophilia
      www.tangophilia.com

    • Gülden Özen
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hi all,
        It is our great pleasure to be able to host Fabian and Carolina once
        again in Durham! Please join us and our guests from many cities and states
        across US to enjoy workshops and milongas in Durham including a dinner +
        milonga at one of Durham's finest restaurants, Cafe Parizade.
        Please visit:
        http://www.cosmotango.com/
        for more info about Fabian and Carolina's schedule.

        SCHEDULE in Durham,NC:

        December 1 - Thursday
        7:30 - 9:00pm CLASS 1 - Fundamentals of Tango. The basics of Tango.
        Open to all levels.
        December 2 - Friday
        7:00pm - 8:15pm CLASS 2 - Structure and Turns (Estructura y Giros).
        8:30pm - 9:45pm CLASS 3 - Enrosques & planeos
        10:00pm – 1:00am MILONGA
        December 3 - Saturday
        11:30am - 1:00pm CLASS 4 - Colgadas
        1:15pm - 2:45pm CLASS 5 - Volcadas
        2:45pm - 3:15pm Break
        3:15pm - 4:45pm CLASS 6 -Tomadas y Soltadas
        8:30pm - 2:00am MILONGA at Café PARIZADE
        December 4 - Sunday
        12:30pm - 2:00pm CLASS 7 - Technique of Boleos (Tecnica de boleos)
        2:15pm - 3:45pm CLASS 8 - Technique of Sacadas (Tecnica de sacadas)
        4:00pm - 5:30pm CLASS 9 - Combinaciones avanzadas (Fabian and
        Carolina's favorites)

        Pricing:
        *Payments received on or before Nov. 23:
        PACKAGE I (“All Events” -- includes 9 Classes + 2 Milongas +1 Group Dinner
        at Café Parizade):
        $250/person ($235 for college students)
        PACKAGE II (includes Friday & Saturday Classes [5 classes] + 2 Milongas + 1
        Group Dinner at CP):
        $160/person ($150 for college students)
        PACKAGE III (includes Saturday & Sunday Classes [6 classes] + 1 Milonga + 1
        Group Dinner at CP):
        $180/person ($165 for college students)
        ONE Class: $25/person ($22 for college students)
        Friday MILONGA: $10/person ($8 for college students)
        Saturday MILONGA: $15/person (includes one beverage )
        Saturday MILONGA & DINNER: $40/person (tax & tip included)

        *Payments received after Nov. 23:
        PACKAGE I (“All Events” -- includes 9 Classes + 2 Milongas +1 Group Dinner
        at Café Parizade):
        $280/person ($260 for college students)
        PACKAGE II (includes Friday & Saturday Classes [5 classes] + 2 Milongas + 1
        Group Dinner at CP):
        $190/person ($175 for college students)
        PACKAGE III (includes Saturday & Sunday Classes [6 classes] + 1 Milonga + 1
        Group Dinner at CP):
        $210/person ($190 for college students)
        ONE Class: $30/person ($27 for college students)
        Friday MILONGA: $12/person ($10 for college students)
        Saturday MILONGA: $20/person (includes one beverage)
        Saturday MILONGA & DINNER: $45/person (tax and tip included)

[...]

        We have some availability to stay with the local tangueros on "first come
        first serve" basis. Please contact "gulden@..." if you'd like
        to stay with a local host.

        Hotels:
        Most hotels located on South Miami Blvd. are close to the dance studio, at
        ~5 mins driving distance.

        And
        Marriott Courtyard and Mariott Residence Hotel
        in RTP
        Average price for standard room : $64.00
        For reservations: 1-800-228-9290 Courtyard Marriott Reservations

        Homewood Suites down the road from the Triangle Dance Studio can be visited
        on-line at:
        http://www.homewoodsuitesraleighdurham.com/accommodations.htm

        Also,
        <http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>La
        Quinta Inn and Suites Raleigh Research Park
        1910 West Park Drive
        Durham, North Carolina 27713
        Phone: (919) 484-1422
        Fax: (919) 484-1423

        We look forward to having you joining us in Durham!

        Gulden & Jason
        www.tangophilia.com
        (919)423-7681

      • Gülden Özen
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
          Hi all,
          It is our great pleasure to be able to host Fabian and Carolina once
          again in Durham! Please join us and our guests from many cities and states
          across US to enjoy workshops and milongas in Durham including a dinner +
          milonga at one of Durham's finest restaurants, Cafe Parizade.
          Early registration deadline is November 23 when we should have your
          payments in advance. Registrations after the deadline will depend on the
          spots available as well as the gender balance as we may allow couples not
          to rotate partners at these workshops.

          http://www.tangophilia.com/events/eventdetail.php?eventnum=444 , we cannot

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 21, 2005
            Tangueros,
            The early registration discounts for the workshops and milongas with
            Fabian & Carolina are valid only until the end of the day this Wednesday.
            Please make sure that we receive your payments before Thanksgiving if you
            are interested in signing up for any of the events for Dec.1-4 at the early
            registration pricing.

            Also, regarding the difficulties some of you have with finding the
            contact info of their tango friends we have a mailing list set up. More
            details are below. Here's the reminder for how the new system for
            partnering up during these workshops will work:

            1) Bring along a partner and stay with him/her for all the classes,

            2) Bring a partner and let us know that you are open to changing partners,
            we will give you labeled name tags and it will be your responsibility to
            find other dancers at the workshops if/when you want to change partners
            (those who have sent in their payments already, please let us know if you
            are open to changing partners or not),

            3) Can't bring a partner but you would want to be put in a pre-registration
            pool with others who can't bring partners either and would be fine with
            partnering up with anyone even if it means that there is a possibility that
            you may not be able to change partners if you can't find anyone to change
            partners with you during the workshops.
            We need to receive your "official" requests regarding the classes you would
            like to take during these workshops even if you haven't found a partner
            yet. To help you with the contact information of the potential partners, we
            have set up a Yahoo group and will subscribe you on this list to let you
            communicate with other potential workshop participants. Please let us know
            if you want to be on this list and have your name and e-mail address listed
            in this group. It is a moderated group and membership is limited to only
            potential workshop attendees. You will be unsubscribed from this list as
            soon as you find a partner to sign up for this workshop.
            Please send your request to:

            TPWorkshopPartners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            if you want to be placed in this Yahoo group.

            For the dancers who choose to go with the 2nd or the 3rd options above, we
            will be calling "rotation" every 2-3 pieces played for practicing during
            the classes to avoid confusion about when to look for a new partner. Those
            who have labeled name tags for rotation can feel free to change partners
            after the "rotation" call or stay with the same partner if they choose to
            do so for a while.

            I hope most dancers will be able to make a choice among these options and
            let us know as soon as possible to complete their registrations.

            Wishing you a pleasant Thanksgiving and hope to see you at our 4th Friday
            Late-Night-Milonga this Friday to start burning the calories on the dance
            floor after Thanksgiving :-)

            Gulden Ozen
            (919)423-7681
            www.tangophilia.com
            It is our great pleasure to be able to host Fabian and Carolina once again
            in Durham! Please join us and our guests from many cities and states across
            US to enjoy workshops and milongas in Durham including a dinner + milonga
            at one of Durham's finest restaurants, Cafe Parizade.
            Fabian and Carolina need no introduction for most tangueros but for those
            who are new in tango, I'd recommend that they visit:
            http://totango.net/salas.html ("They do such exciting 360 turns! Fabián's
            style shows men how to give their partners openings and forward steps that
            make the dancing much for fun for the woman.
            Those who have been dancing Tango longer than 8 years will have seen how
            much it has been changing. Not everyone knows where those changed originated.
            Where would Tango be now without Fabián Salas and Gustavo Naveira?
            Get a picture by reading this interview with Fabián by Keith Elshaw
            recorded on Sunday, June 3, 2001 in the Penthouse of the Fontainbleau
            Hotel, Miami Beach." by Keith Elshaw)

            and

            read more interviews with Fabian & Carolina at Sebastian Arce and Mariana
            Montes' website:
            http://premiumwanadoo.com/mephisto-tango/uk/uk_fayca-int.html
            (Sebastian:How could you define yourself your teaching ?
            Fabian: Our teaching is build on a great knowledge of the existence of a
            structure in the dance. We discovered this knowledge, studied it and
            brought it to the light thanks to our investigation work. During the
            development of the classes we lead, we put a specific emphasis on the
            existence of this structure and explain the tango from "a rational" point
            of view with its own "specific technics" in the same way that the ballet or
            the contemporary dance have their own technics. In that way, the students
            learn to understand the dance and also learn to realize that understanding
            the structure is mandatory to achieve a further development and get access
            to the different possibilities that the tango offers.

            S: How do you explain your world-wide success ?
            F: We really do not think that we can speak of world-wide success. For sure
            we have our public, like other teachers have their public. I believe that
            what makes us attractive for every kind of student is the new explanation
            of the dance from a technical and rational point of view. In a world where
            people are used to thinking, the lack of explanations is destined to
            disappear.)

            Please also visit:
            http://www.cosmotango.com/
            for more info about Fabian and Carolina's schedule.

            F y C's SCHEDULE in Durham,NC:

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
              January 19-22, 2006
              Tangophilia’s 3rd Anniversary (after 4 years of functioning in the Triangle
              under different names,
              we finally founded our own
              "Tangophilia" in Jan. 2003!)
              Celebration in the Triangle: "FESTIVAL de TANGOPHILIA"
              The 1st TANGO FESTIVAL in the CAROLINAS !
              featuring
              Master Instructors and Performers
              Fernanda GHI & Guillermo MERLO (from Buenos Aires via Las Vegas),
              TANGO LORCA Quintet (from Kansas City),
              Guest Instructors, Performers and DJs
              Jackie Ling WONG (from MA), Victor CRICHTON (from FL) and
              our own
              Gülden ÖZEN & Jason LAUGHLIN of Tangophilia!

              Early registration deadline is January 12, 2006!

              Celebrating our love for Tango with Dance and Musicality Workshops, Live
              Music Milongas, Performances!
              13 CLASSES of different levels,
              3 MILONGAS (2 LIVE MUSIC Milongas),
              1 Musicality Workshop,
              2 Guided PRACTICAS
              Affordable prices, student discounts!
              More info (shceduling, pricing, accommodations, directions, etc.) available at:
              http://www.tangophilia.com/festival2006/

              We have guests coming from all over NC and SC, VA, FL, TN, OH, NJ!
              Currently, we have ~50 registrants for the weekday events and ~70
              registrants for the weekend workshops/milongas. We will be able to
              accommodate up to 90 dancers in the workshops so, please make sure that you
              register as soon as possible if you're still thinking about joining us. Our
              live music milongas are open to 150-200 dancers and non-dancer tango
              aficionados.

              The on-line early registration will be open until Jan. 12 deadline (which
              means the early prices will be in effect until Jan. 12 midnight!) and there
              is no price difference for those who want to take advantage of using
              Pay-Pal! If you'd like to mail a check, we should receive it by Jan.12 to
              qualify for the discounts. For schedule, pricing, on-line registration
              and accommodations, please visit :
              http://www.tangophilia.com/festival2006/

              See you in Durham,

              Gülden Özen
              (919)423-7681
              www.tangophilia.com

            • Gülden Özen
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 24, 2006
                Hi all,

                Here's your opportunity to meet many dancers from
                all over Carolinas (NC & SC), from Atlanta and
                other cities of GA, from TN, VA and also from
                Washington DC (including our friend Viviana with
                her wonderful selection of tango shoes and her
                special guests Claudio & Diana from Buenos
                Aires!) and enjoy the beautiful weather and nature in Asheville this May!
                * We will be co-hosting our first "Regional
                Tango Weekend" in 2006 with Karen Jaffe of
                Quantum Tango and Tango Asheville in Asheville,
                the first weekend of May (May 5-7)! Early registration deadline is April 26!
                4 Workshops,
                2 Guided Practicas (one brunch/practica!) and
                2 Milongas
                with many regional instructors, DJs and performers!
                Whole weekend costs as low as $70/person
                including one buffet style dinner/milonga and one brunch/practica!
                Discounts for students available!

                Some details:

                Four great DJs from Asheville, Atlanta and Durham: Michael Jaffe (Asheville),
                Manuel
                Patino, Horacio Arcidiacono (Atlanta), and
                Jason
                Laughlin (Durham)

                Four WORKSHOPS with the regional instructors who
                tirelessly build their tango communities in
                Asheville, Charlotte, Columbia and Durham:
                Karen
                Jaffe & Jon Berbaum (Asheville, NC - ),
                Daniel
                Arredondo (Charlotte, NC - ),
                Harby
                Gonzales (Columbus, SC - ),
                and
                Gulden
                Ozen & Jason Laughlin (Durham, NC - www.tangophilia.com )

                Two guided PRACTICAS with the regional and guest instructors!
                In addition to the workshop instructors, we will
                also be honored with the presence of
                Manuel
                & Ronda Patino and Gaby Lopez of Tango-Rio
                (Atlanta, GA - http://www.tango-rio.com/ ),
                Horacio Arcidiacono (Atlanta, GA)
                Viviana
                & Isidoro Levinson (Washington, DC - http://www.vivianatango.com/ )
                Claudio
                and Diana (Buenos Aires - www.newtangoschool.com )

                All the instructors are available also for
                private lessons if you need to address specific
                concepts or techniques in your dancing. Please
                contact us at "gulden@..." or
                919-423-7681 to arrange any private lessons with
                our local, regional and/or guest instructors.
                More details and info for on-line registration are on our website:

                http://www.tangophilia.com/events/eventdetail.php?eventnum=567
                SCHEDULE:

                May 5, Friday:
                8:30 – 9:30PM Intro. LESSON (for newcomers)
                9:30PM – 1:30AM Welcome MILONGA (DJ: Michael Jaffe, Asheville)

                @ the historic Fortune Building

                May 6, Saturday:
                11:30AM – 4:20 PM
                WORKSHOPS (for all level dancers with some experience, not for newcomers!)
                taught by regional instructors (in alphabetical
                order): Daniel Arredondo (Charlotte, NC), Jon
                Berbaum & Karen Jaffe (Asheville, NC), Harby
                Gonzales (Columbia, SC), Jason Laughlin & Gülden Özen (Durham, NC)
                4:30 - 6:00 PM Supervised PRACTICA
                supervisers: all regional workshops instructors and
                Manuel & Ronda Patino and Gaby Lopez of Tango-Rio
                and Horacio Arcidiacono from Atlanta!
                (DJ: Horacio Arcidiacono, Atlanta)
                @ Biltmore Town Hall

                May 6, Saturday Night:
                8:30-9:30PM Intro. LESSON(newcomers)
                9:30PM – 2:30AM MILONGA (Tango Dance Party)
                & PERFORMANCES by all the local, regional and guest instructors!
                Appetizers/light dinner, desserts and beverages will be served.
                (DJ: Manuel Patino, Atlanta)
                @ Biltmore Town Hall

                May 7, Sunday
                11:30 AM – 3:00 PM
                Brunch & Supervised PRACTICA
                (DJ: Jason Laughlin, Durham)
                @ Biltmore Town Hall

                *PRIVATE LESSONS with all the instructors can be
                arranged! You can contact us at:
                gulden@... or (919)423-7681 or
                kjsummit@... or (828)215-1177 to arrange the private lessons.

                **TANGO SHOES for sale! Vivitango shoes from DC and a small collection of
                Tara Tango shoes
                will be available for sale during the weekend!
                Viviana's guests instructors and
                performers Claudio & Diana from Buenos Aires
                will
                also join us for the full weekend!
                **TANGO CDs for sale! Including new arrivals directly from Buenos Aires!

                For on-line registrations, contact:
                Gülden Özen at gulden@... or
                (919)423-7681
                Questions? Contact (in Asheville):
                Karen Jaffe at kjsummit@... or
                (828)215-1177

                PRICING:

                Early Registration (Payments received before or on April 26):

                $70/person ($40/student w/ID**) FULL WEEKEND PACKAGE*
                $10/person ($7/student w/ID**) WELCOME MILONGA (FRIDAY)
                $10/person ($7/student w/ID**) ANY
                ONE WORKSHOP out of 4 total workshops
                $7/person ($4/student w/ID**) Supervised PRACTICA-1 (Saturday)
                $35/person ($25/student w/ID**) 4
                WORKSHOPS + Supervised PRACTICA-1 (Saturday)
                $18/person ($12/student
                w/ID**) Biltmore MILONGA (Social Dance w/light Dinner on Saturday)
                $15/person ($8/student w/ID**) BRUNCH/PRACTICA-2 (Sunday)

                * Includes Friday’s Milonga, Saturday’s
                Workshops and Practica and Milonga w/ light buffet style
                Dinner AND Sunday’s Tango Brunch/Practica)
                ** “student w/ID” is a high school,
                college(undergrad.) or graduate student with a valid ID that confirms
                the student status for the academic year of 2005-2006.
                Late Registration (Payments received after April 26 ):

                $85/person ($50/student w/ID**) FULL WEEKEND PACKAGE*
                $15/person ($10/student w/ID**) WELCOME MILONGA (FRIDAY)
                $15/person ($10/student w/ID**) ANY
                ONE WORKSHOP out of 4 total workshops
                $9/person ( $6/student w/ID**) Supervised PRACTICA-1 (Saturday)
                $45/person ($30/student w/ID**) 4
                WORKSHOPS + Supervised PRACTICA-1 (Saturday)
                $20/person ($15/student
                w/ID**) Biltmore MILONGA (Social Dance w/light Dinner on Saturday)
                $18/person ($12/student w/ID**) BRUNCH/PRACTICA-2 (Sunday)

                * Includes Friday’s Milonga, Saturday’s
                Workshops and Practica and Milonga w/ light buffet style
                Dinner AND Sunday’s Tango Brunch/Practica)
                ** “student w/ID” is a high school,
                college(undergrad.) or graduate student with a valid ID that confirms
                the student status for the academic year of 2005-2006.

                PAYMENTS: For payments by credit card, please
                visit: www.tangophilia.com or
                contact Gülden Özen
                at 919-423-7681 or send an e-mail to: gulden@...
                Checks should be made out to: Karen Jaffe and
                mailed to:
                125 Saylestown Place Fairview, NC 28730
                Questions? Please call Karen JAFFE at 828-215-1177 or
                send an e-mail to kjsummit@...
                Partner is not necessary! You will be contacted
                via e-mail with the confirmation of your
                registration and the directions and maps to the
                venues. You will receive your pass/name tag for the events at the door.

                REFUNDS: If you have completed an early
                registration, we can refund the full payment for
                events that you will not be able to attend before
                the early registration deadline. We can refund
                only 50% of your payment after the early
                registration deadline (April 26) if you inform us
                24 hours before the event is held. If you fail to
                call us 24 hours before the event, we cannot
                refund any part of your payment. For a refund,
                you must contact us at (828)215-1177 or (919)423-7681 (NO e-mails please!).
                We will refund 100% of the payment in the case of
                a cancellation by the event organizer.

                Hotels

                The following hotels are near the venues:

                Best Western Biltmore West
                275 Smoky Park Highway, Asheville, NC, 28806-1140
                Phone: 828-667-4501
                2 Double/1 King $59.95
                I-40, exit 44 (8-10 minutes from venues)
                <http://www.bestwestern.com/>http://www.bestwestern.com/

                Holiday Inn Express
                234 Hendersonville Rd.
                Asheville, NC 28803
                828-274-0101
                $90.00 - $99.99
                I-40, exit 50 (5-10 minutes from venues)
                <http://www.holiday-inn.com>http://www.holiday-inn.com

                See you in Asheville!

                Gulden & Karen

              • Gülden Özen
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2006
                  Tangueros,

                  We are pleased to announce this very special event:

                  AUGUST 11-18 with NANCY LOUZAN y DAMIAN ESSEL of Buenos Aires
                  directly from BsAs for the very FIRST TIME in US! &

                  Special Tango Weekend: August 11-13!

                  Don't miss this opportunity for studying with one of the most
                  impressive young couples in the tango world who have a very deep
                  understanding of the dance that covers more than one style and a very
                  mature style of dancing and teaching tango which makes them sought
                  after instructors and dancers/performers all over Argentina, Europe and Asia.
                  "Considering that the learning does not have an end, they have taken
                  classes with Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne, Herrera Robert, Vanina
                  Bilous and Chicho Frumboli" (if you'd like to read more about N y D,
                  please visit: http://www.abctango.com/damianynancy/curriculum.htm )

                  We took the trouble of working for several months to create the
                  opportunity for our dancers to benefit from studying with this world
                  renowned couple and they did their best to "squeeze" a trip to US in
                  their schedule between their trips to Europe!

                  With this special couple, we will have workshops geared towards the
                  interests of social dancers as well as specialty workshops for
                  instructors and performers! Stay tuned for more details!

                  See you in Durham, NC!

                  Gulden & Jason
                  www.tangophilia.com
                  (919)423-7681

                • Gülden Özen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5 9:22 AM
                    SPECIAL TANGO WEEKEND
                    WORKSHOPS & MILONGAS featuring
                    Nancy LOUZÁN y Damián ESSEL
                    in USA and in Durham, NC for the FIRST TIME!
                    August 11-13, 2006

                    About Nancy and Damián:
                    Damián & Nancy like to place their focus on the
                    communication between dance partners, looking for
                    comfort in execution of the dance, technically
                    and expressively. They work with the different
                    possibilities of the tango embrace in relation to
                    the way of moving the legs and body.

                    "We like the harmonious and dynamic movements
                    from the most subtle to the most exciting and
                    vertiginous. Using all the possibilities coming
                    from the traditional way of dancing tango in
                    addition to the new elements of the new age.
                    In the lessons we teach the technique and the
                    structures which compose the tango movements. We
                    explain in detail and justify the origin of many
                    figures, which are combinations of the elements
                    analyzed in the structural exercises.
                    We work with the different possibilities of the
                    tango embrace in relation with the way of moving
                    legs and body according to the situation of
                    dancing on the social dance floor (milonga) or on
                    the stage." - Damián Essel y Nancy Louzán

                    Considering that the learning does not have an
                    end, Damián & Nancy have taken classes with
                    Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne, Robert Herrera,
                    Vanina Bilous and Chicho Frumboli.

                    They have taught at CITA(Buenos Aires) and
                    Tangocamp in Greece and Sweden 2003, 2004 and 2005.
                    After several visits to Germany, Ireland, Italy,
                    Spain, Turkey, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland,
                    Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Israel, Korea,
                    Japan, Taiwan, Austria, and Holland to teach
                    workshops of Tango-Vals-Milonga and to perform at
                    the main milongas, they finally accepted to come to USA!

                    We are proud to be one of the two cities hosting
                    Damián & Nancy for the first time in USA!

                    SCHEDULE:

                    August 11 - Friday
                    7:00pm - 8:30pm CLASS 1 – Different systems
                    of walking, technique and dynamics; how to use each other's energy
                    8:45pm - 10:15pm CLASS 2 – Ochos/Ocho cortado
                    /Refining the technique, accompaniment, and dynamics
                    (more
                    on how to use each other's energy), new combinations for the social dance floor
                    10:30pm - 12:30am Casual MILONGA at TDS

                    August 12 – Saturday
                    11:30am - 1:00pm CLASS 3 – Milonga/Rhythmic work and steps
                    1:15pm - 2:45pm CLASS 4 – Voleos
                    (circular)/How to lead and follow; connection,
                    technique, musicality and improvisation.
                    2:45pm – 3:15pm Break
                    3:15pm - 4:45pm CLASS 5 – Colgadas/How to
                    lead and follow;connection, technique, musicality and new combinations
                    4:45pm - 6:00pm PRACTICA 1 – Supervised by Nancy & Damian
                    8:30pm - 2:30am MILONGA (w/Group Dinner option) & SHOW at Café PARIZADE

                    August 13 – Sunday
                    11:30am - 1:30pm SPECIAL CLASS – Technique,
                    Dynamics and Figures/Combinations for Performances
                    2:00pm - 3:30pm CLASS 6 – Volcadas/How to
                    lead and follow; connection, technique, musicality and new combinations
                    3:45pm - 5:15pm CLASS 7 – Advanced Combinations
                    5:15pm - 6:30pm PRACTICA 2 – Supervised by Nancy & Damian

                    For Questions & Registration:
                    Contact Gülden Özen at (919)423-7681 or
                    <mailto:gulden@...>gulden@...

                    Pricing:

                    Payments received on or before August 3:

                    PACKAGE I (“All Events” - includes Classes 1-7 [7
                    classes except for Special class] + 2 Milongas +2
                    Guided Practicas +1 Group Dinner& Show at Café Parizade):
                    $230/person, $435/couple ($200 /college student,
                    $385/college
                    student couple)

                    PACKAGE II (includes Classes 1-7 [7 classes
                    except for Special class] + 2 Guided Practicas):
                    $175/person, $325/couple ($160 /college student,
                    $300/college
                    student couple)

                    PACKAGE III (includes Classes 3-7 [5 classes
                    except for Special class] +2 Guided Practicas +1
                    Milonga, 1 Group Dinner & Show at Cafe Parizade):
                    $160/person, $300/couple ($150 /college student,
                    $275/college
                    student couple)

                    ONE Class: $30/person ($25/college student)

                    SPECIAL CLASS (couples only!):
                    $90/couple
                    ($80/college student couple)

                    Friday MILONGA: $10/person ($8/college student)

                    Saturday MILONGA & SHOW:
                    $15/person (includes one beverage )

                    Saturday MILONGA, DINNER & SHOW:
                    $40/person
                    (tax & min. group gratuity included)

                    *PRACTICAS are ONLY for WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS,
                    therefore no separate PRACTICA fees are available!

                    **Tango travelers, please contact us regarding
                    group discounts for groups of 4 or more out-of-town guests!

                    Payments:

                    Credit Card payments possible ONLY through
                    www.tangophilia.com, we cannot accept cards over
                    the phone or at the door! Checks should be made
                    out to Jason LAUGHLIN and mailed to: 5814 Henner Place, Durham, NC 27713.

                    Accommodations:

                    We have limited availability to stay with the
                    local tangueros on "first come first serve"
                    basis. Please contact "gulden@..." if
                    you'd like to stay with a local host.

                    Hotels:
                    Most hotels located on South Miami Blvd. are
                    close to the dance studio, at ~5 mins driving distance.
                    Using http://travel.priceline.com/ and looking
                    for hotels in the RTP (Research Triangle Park)
                    area could give you the best deal.

                    And
                    Homewood Suites down the road from the Triangle
                    Dance Studio can be visited on-line at:
                    http://www.homewoodsuitesraleighdurham.com/accommodations.htm

                    Also,
                    <http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ184&propId=184>La
                    Quinta Inn and Suites Raleigh Research Park
                    1910 West Park Drive
                    Durham, North Carolina 27713
                    Phone: (919) 484-1422
                    Fax: (919) 484-1423

                    are some nearby options.

                    Let's meet in Durham for another great tango weekend!

                    Gulden & Jason
                    Tangophilia
                    919-423-7681
                    www.tangophilia.com

                  • Gülden Özen
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 6, 2006
                      Hi all,

                      Please mark your calendars for the 2nd "Festival de Tangophilia" in
                      January 2007 featuring guest instructors:
                      Alex Krebs
                      Alicia Pons
                      Brigitta Winkler & Tomas Howlin AND
                      Sharna Fabiano

                      and DJs:
                      Alex Krebs
                      Jackie L.Wong
                      Jason Laughlin
                      Sharna Fabiano AND
                      Victor Crichton

                      Schedule, registration and accommodation info will be available shortly!

                      Abrazos,

                      Gulden Ozen
                      919-423-7681
                      www.tangophilia.com