NYC-Regrets - No More Jueves Milonga

  • Ellen Sowchek
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2005
      Regrets - No More Jueves Milonga

      I am sorry to inform you that Jueves, the weekly Thursday night milonga at the Dulaine Dance Center, has been discontinued. Our last milonga was held, rather unexpectedly, on August 4, 2005.

      The reason for the discontinuation is simple: new management no longer wants a weekly milonga at the studio. We were offered the opportunity to have the premises once a month, but under conditions and at a cost so prohibitive it was impossible to accept.

      To those of you who joined us during our almost five-year run to dance, to socialize, or simply to spend a lovely evening listening to beautiful music, my very sincere thanks - you've been great!

      After almost five years of hosting a weekly milonga, it's hard to stop! I hope to see you all again sometime soon.

      Thanks again to all of you,
      Ellen Sowchek

      Sent via Pace University's WebMail system at fsmail.pace.edu