Re: Seeking practice partner

  • tangomarty@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      I am looking for a tanguera -follower interested in learning and practicing
      style of Carlos Gavito, working from programmed format of video tapes "Un
      Tal Gavito" and taking workshops with me when Gavito is in NYC. No huge
      commmitment needed, hopefully you can devote one or two hours at one or two
      practicas a week to this effort, plus some time on your own to view the
      tapes. I am 6'1" and 165 lbs. For aesthetic and ergonomic purposes, prefer
      follower at least 5'6" and weighing less than 140 lbs. Skill level solid
      intermediate plus, but these labels are subective, good technique, balance,
      axis control more important to me than how many patterns you know. All
      replies kept strictly confidential, whether we practice or not.
      Happy tangos.
      tangomarty@...
    • tangomarty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2002
        I am seeking a female-follower interested in practicing the Gavito style,
        using the three video tapes, Un Tal Gavito, first as a template and then as
        an improvisational launch. No heavy commitment involved -- once or twice
        weekly, for an hour or two each time, either at scheduled practicas in
        Manhattan or at studio space I will rent from a dance school. If you can
        also accompany me to selected workshops, especially when Gavito is in town,
        that's a big plus. I am 6'1", 168 lbs, looking for follower approx 5'5" to
        5'11", less than 140 lbs, intermediate or above level. Good balance and
        axis control more highly prized than your knowledge of 1,000 combinations.
        Also interested in milonga traspie, portena as well as loco. My goal is not
        performance or stage oriented; rather, increased personal enrichment of the
        social Tango experience. All replies kept confidential.
        Tangomarty@...