Omar Vega plus big Farewell to La Milonguita this Sunday!!!

  • Annatina
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2005
      Dear Tangueros

      It is time for me to announce the last Milonguita Ideal for this Season,
      due to wonderfull summernights that we all want to spend outdoors. I
      will reopen in the fall! Also, stay in touch for a new Milonga I will
      open every first Saturday of the month.....More Infos will follow!

      This Sunday, May 15th:

      Big Farewell Milonga with special guest teacher:

      Omar Vega

      Intermediate Class with Omar Vega: 5-6pm: Milonga con Traspie
      Milonga from 6pm till 9.30pm

      Surprise show.....

      Don't miss the opportunity to study with one of the best for Milonga!!
      Read about Omar:
      Omar Vega has been one of the strongest creative forces in the
      resurgence of tango in Buenos Aires over the past 15 years. He is a an
      individualistic dancer whose style is intricate, musical, and magical.
      Omar is one of the new, younger generation of dancers, but his style
      reflects that of the classic milongueros of Buenos Aires. He is known as
      a salon dancer who creates all of his unique and innovative ideas on the
      social dance floor, remaining "true" to the essence of social dance,
      before transforming them for performance. Omar considers his tango to be
      based in "natural, sensual movement." He is internationally famous for
      his extremely rhythmic style of dancing milonga. He is a master of
      improvisation, especially appreciated for his musical interpretation.
      Omar has travelled extensively in recent years, and he is known as a
      charismatic teacher.

      I hope you all come out and support this very last Milonguita, and as it
      is early, we all can still go go Seaport after that.....

      @
      Empire Dance
      127 West, 25 st., 11th floor, buzz 17
      btw. 6 & 7 ave.