NY Tango - Part of Museum of City of New York Exhibit

  • rick castro
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2013
    Hope you find this story interesting....
    Janet Ruttenberg has attended the Central Park Tango (CPT) event almost every Saturday over the past couple of years to simply paint Tango scenes on canvas (as a result, she has become CPT's Artist-In-Residence).
    Before Janet discovered CPT, she had already earned a great reputation for painting other Central Park scenes over the years.   As a result, she is being honored by the Museum of the City of New York (MCNY) with an exhibit of her paintings, which includes a CPT work of art that integrates painting/video/music (even the Mayor attended the exhibit's opening night this past September).
    So hope you enjoy the attached pic of one of Janet's CPT paintings.  And also check out the following museum link to Janet's exhibit:

    Who would have imagined that our NY Tango subculture would be represented in a major museum exhibit ?

    We thank Janet and the MCNY for promoting our NY Tango community to other segments of New York society.

    And please feel free to forward this email to the worldwide Tango community, as you may prefer.

    Regards.