Chicho and Juana in NYC this week! Performance Friday!

  • Jesse Roach
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2013
      Join us for a special 5-day Intensive Seminar in NYC- September 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
      with Mariano "Chicho" Frumboli and Juana Sepulveda!!

      SPECIAL MILONGA:
      with PERFORMANCE BY CHICHO & JUANA at Dance Manhattan on Friday, September 27th!

      This will be their ONLY performance in NYC.

      Milonga 10:30pm - 3am. DJ Robin Thomas
      Location:  Dance Manhattan, 39 W 19th Street, between 5th and 6th avenues, 5th floor.

      Performance around 12:30am

      Milonga entrance: $18.

      Please try to come early to get in as the capacity is about 300 people.

      SEMINAR INFO:

      There are 2 separate Tracks - you can take one or both.

      SEMINAR SCHEDULE:
      Thursday, Sept 26 5:30-7:30pm and 8-10pm
      Friday, Sept 27 5:00-7:00pm and 7:30-9:30pm
      Saturday, Sept 28 2-4pm and 4:40-6:30pm
      Sunday, Sept 29 12:30-2:30 and 3-5pm
      Monday, Sept 30 5:30-7:30pm and 8-10pm

      The seminar is held at Dance Manhattan:
      39 W 19th Street, between 5th and 6th avenues, 5th floor.

      This time there will be no titles on tracks, however, THE FIRST TWO HOURS THERE WILL BE MORE FOCUS ON TECHNIQUE AND THE SECOND TWO HOURS THERE WILL BE MORE FOCUS ON MUSICALITY.

      And here is another beautiful message from Chicho:

      “Tango in itself has so much variety and possibilities. Different genres within one dance…. Stage tango, tango for the dance floor, social, acrobatic, competition, nuevo, traditional…. without even counting the “styles” that are so much in fashion these days, dividing the tango into intellectually closed groups, and other sorts of the genre that get invented every day as part of new trends. For me the Tango is one and only, and this is why it’s not easy for me to give titles to classes that I teach within an intensive seminar course. Because it’s exactly that, an “Intensive Seminar”, and I believe this has to be the title. I can tell you with all my honesty, certainty, and experience that the work that we’ll have the pleasure of sharing for some days, will be exactly that fair and necessary for each of the participants. Going through the complexity, the dynamics, themusicality, concentrating on the quality and subtlety to reach the next level in our dance…. This is why, and not for any other reason there is no title… but we do have a lot to accomplish and there is a lot of work ahead of us…”
      Mariano “Chicho” Frumboli

      PRICING:
      $325 per person for either track (2 hours per day for 5 days)
      $595 per person for both tracks (4 hours per day for 5 days)

      This seminar is intended for couples, please feel free to post a note re: partner search in TE group or on the facebook event's wall.
      PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED, registration is limited to 25 couples per track.
      To register, please go to http://www2.tangofestrs.com/ users/login.

      Tango Element Team
      For more information, email:  Welcome@...