Tomorrow Saturday 9/7 Workshop - 1 to 3 pm
- We are Back!1 to 3 pmTomorrow Saturday 9/7Improvisation?Stop learning steps! Come and learn Floor craft!KENI’S CORRIDOR©with Karen and CarlosTomorrow Saturday September 7thArgentine Tango 2 hour Workshop1:00 to 3:00Only $30 ppKENI’s CORRIDOR© is the most innovative concept of creating a virtual milonga environment to learn to navigate and feel at ease when dancing in crowded floors. Karen Schneider (Keni), the creator of KENI’s Corridor, and Carlos Sampelayo, will show you the different solutions to circumvent and avoid any obstacle you may find on the floor.
As a dancer of Argentine Tango, you have realized the problem of improvising patterns and figures to circumvent the natural obstacles of encountering other dancers on the floor. The ability to dance on a crowded floor is known as Floor Craft.
Many dancers and students of Argentine Tango find themselves at a loss when the music starts and feel they are in the way of other dancers. Why? Mainly because they have been taught, for the most part, a series of “steps” with very little instruction as to how to find elegant solutions to circumvent other dancers, therefore avoiding collisions and at the same time following the line of dancing.Learn to comfortably dance on a crowded floor by learning the various possibilities at any particular point. 90% of Argentine Tango dancing is navigating and, perhaps, 10% is dedicated to steps. If you want to dance Argentine Tango, you first need to learn to navigate and then, if there is space, you can execute a step. Argentine Tango is not about steps.This Workshop is intended for Argentine Tango dancers who have been taking lessons for one or two years and find themselves overwhelmed and unable to comfortably dance at a milonga.Come this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and learn the freedom Argentine Tango offers.The cost of the two hour workshop is only $30.Argentine TangoHave you been learning tango for a year or more and....
Then this workshop is for you. In just two hours you will be able to put it all together and enjoy dancing Argentine Tango.
- have learned a new step every week but don’t know how to put them together?
- feel you don’t know how to navigate?
- have been told to improvise but don’t know how?
- you sit down when the music starts and don’t know what to do.?
Chosen by Westchester Magazine
as the Best Argentine Tango Instructor
Second Finalists in the 7th USA Tango Championship (2013)
Carlos and Karen (Keni)
Certified Tango Instructors
Dance Argentine Tango in Hawthorne, NY,Broadway 26 Dancing
26 Broadway Avenue, Hawthorne, NY
We teach using the fastest method to learn Argentine Tango.