Jeni Breen Tango Academy Special Workshops

  • Jeni Breen
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      We want to post a friendly reminder that there are no regular Tuesday classes this week at JBTA;  however, on Thursday, August 29 Jeni and Matthew co-teach 2 Special Workshops.
      Both Workshops take place in our main studio, 3G, at 440 Studios (440 Lafayette St. at Astor Place).

      7:00-8:20pm. Dynamics of the Embrace deals with partner connection and how we actually use our arms and hands to communicate more clearly with a partner and also make ourselves more comfortable and alert within the subtle give and take that is "El Abrazo",  the embrace.
      These time tested exercises pay off in deeper, more fully felt lead/follow-less mystery, more mastery!  This workshop will be tremendously helpful to dancers at any stage of their experience with Tango.

      8:30-10pm.  Vals Cruzada   Ahhh, the beautiful Vals, or Tango Waltz!
      What seems obscure and difficult at first becomes clear and doable when you know what you are looking for in this wonderful music.
      We will take some of the confusion away and show you what opportunities and pleasures Tango in fast Waltz time offer you!  Steps suitable for Vals and, above all the musical interpretation of those steps, will be taught.

      $30 each, or both for $55.  And both workshops include the free hour of practice from 9-10pm at our "creamy dreamy piano practica"!

      For any additional questions please check the website "News" page at   www.jenibreentangoacademy.com  or email jeni@... or call JBTA at (347) 510-8842.

      If you have been curious about us this is a great way to discover the high quality of our teaching, and the friendly welcome of Jeni Breen Tango academy.  We look forward to seeing you soon!