Tango festival in Denver

  • robin thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8 2:20 PM
      My fellow New Yorkers

      This is one of the best tango festivals of the year.
      There are people from all over the us there.
      I just got a fare for $184 from la guardia to denver

      Workshops are oriented toward Adv-Intermediate and
      Advanced dancers.
      Featured teachers this year are:
      - Brigitta Winkler
      - Hsueh-tze Lee
      - Alex Krebs.

      Official festival dates: Friday - Monday, May 27 - 30,
      2005.

      Early arrival events start on Wednesday, May 25. There
      are also late
      events on Monday evening, and Tango Colorado runs a
      very popular dance
      on Tuesdays.

      This is a tango festival "by dancers for dancers" with
      5 milongas from
      Friday to Monday. We invite some of the top DJs in the
      US, and present
      one night of live music with Denver's own Extasis. The
      outdoor Milonga
      & BBQ Sponsored by Tango Colorado is a magical
      highlight. (see photos)

      We expect attendance or 400-450, and the dance floors
      will require
      attention to navigation and floorcraft.

      Additional teachers include Julio Balmaceda and Corina
      de la Rosa.
      Julio & Corina are sponored by Nina Pesochinsky. For
      dates, times,
      prices contact Nina@... , 720-434-4342.

      Purchasing a fest pass during February earns you a $10
      discount:
      - Gold Fest Pass $127 ($137 after Feb)
      - Saturday arrival Pass $117 ($127 after Feb)

      Workshop only or Milonga only passes are also
      available:
      - Workshop only Pass $92
      - Platinum Milonga Pass $56

      Please reserve a hotel room by calling the Denver
      Doubletree:
      303-321-3333. Use reservation code "Tangofest". The
      Doubletree costs
      only $69/night + tax. Includes free shuttle from the
      airport.

      Tom Stermitz
      303-388-2560
      http://www.tango.org