6-27-13 @ La Nacho with Santiago Croce & Mariana Fresno + DJ Maria Jose!

  • juanpablotango
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2013

      Every Thursday take the Subway to Buenos Aires!
      Learn, Dance and Love the Tango at the most Argentinean Spot in Manhattan

      Performing Tonight:

      Santiago Croce & Mariana Fresno

      Don't miss Santiago's workshop!

      ONE DAY ONLY!

      Saturday June 29th

      A HEARTED LOOK AT THE BASICS OF MILONGA STYLE

      5pm to 6:30pm - All levels

      This is a non-intimidating class for all who want to get into the style

      and those who want to refine their skills. A journey from Milonga Lisa
      to Milonga traspie. We'll also learn the fundamental patterns of milonga
      to be applied in small space. Pocket a handful of easy-to-remember steps
      and have fun with us as we stumble to the rhythm.

      THE ORIGINAL WALKING CLASS
      TANGO SALON, PURE ELEGANCE AND STYLE

      6:30pm to 8:00pm - Intermediate

      This acclaimed class in San Francisco is now in NY where
      we'll work on Walking Technique for both leaders and followers,
      looking for having a smooth, comfortable and stylish walk.

      @
      Ripley Grier Studios

      520 Eighth Avenue (Bet. 36th & 37th Streets)

      Intermediate Tango Class by:

      Santiago Croce & Mariana Fresno

      All of Santiago's classes are based in the Villa Urquiza Tango Salon
      style of Argentine Tango, conserving the close embrace and focusing
      on the elegance and clarity of the movements with a strong
      technical background. In all of his classes, Santiago teaches
      a basic and complete concept of the movements that we use in tango.
      The work begins respecting the practical structures of tango to
      later be able to have more freedom, fluidity and creativity. His classes often
      start with technique exercises which are then adapted to sequences.

      Mariana Fresno has established herself as an outstanding instructor
      in the field of Argentine Tango by performing in numerous shows
      and motion pictures. A graduate from the National School of Dance in
      Buenos Aires, she studied ballet, folklore, jazz and modern Dance until she
      discovered tango — and her calling.
      Mariana Fresno has been performing in New York City and
      Buenos Aires for the last two years along with partners Carlos de Chey
      and Diego Ocampo.

      DJ

      Maria Jose Sosa

      Argentinean slang of the day: