A visit to La Estacion milonga

  • Reuven
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
      Last Wednesday, Thanksgiving eve, we decided to pay a visit to Reba’s
      milonga at "La Estacion". I thought I would share some impressions with
      you, as this is a relatively new weekly event, that many of us may not
      be familiar with.

      The building (412 8th Ave. @ 31st Street) is completely renovated. The
      “You Should Be Dancing” studio, where the milonga takes place is a
      lovely, pleasantly decorated location with a good Tango energy. No
      wonder - Reba Perez, the organizer who sets the tone is a vibrant and
      spirited Tanguera. Not to mention Richard Lipkin, who in my view is the
      best Tango DJ in New York.

      That night the dance was attended by about 40 dancers, few more then on
      a typical Wednesday.
      To my surprise, quite few of the them were European, whom I never met
      before.

      Reba is planning various special events (like wine testing) in December
      and has plans to build up this weekly Milonga to even a greater
      happening. (Call 212-252-3753 for more info).

      Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

      If any of you has any comments or other reviews, please post to this
      NewYorkTango mail list, so we can all share views and experiences.

      Reuven Freuman
    • susan robbins
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
        I agree with you totally about Richard. He is very talented.

        I forwarded your review to my webmaster, who may decide to print it on our
        website. All the best to Reba. NaomiJOY