May 25th Tango under the Tent milonga

  • Dave Ellman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22 11:28 AM

      Tango under the Tent Milonga

      At the Seligmann Homestead

      23 White Oak Drive

      Sugar Loaf, NY 10918

      For those using GPS – use Chester , NY 10918

      To Advance Argentine Tango in the Hudson Valley

      Hola, Tangueros y Tangueras!

      Join us this coming Saturday, May 25th, 2013 for a fun-filled evening of Argentine Tango and camaraderie with fellow tangueros y tangueras in a beautiful setting!

      Milonga 8:00 pm to midnight

      Dance floor opens at 7:30 pm for warm-up, practice, questions and help.

      There will be a review of elements from the past workshop.

      All inclusive admission:      Members - $10   Non-members - $15

      BEGINNERS, PLEASE NOTE:

      Our members are excited to welcome new dancers to the Argentine tango community.

      We provide individual help and instruction for beginners.

      If you let us know in advance that you are coming by emailing to tutt2008@...,

      we will assign you a personal mentor who will schedule personal time with you.

      Save the date, June 8th, for expert instruction and a special performance!

      On June 8th, 2013, Tango under the Tent is proud to host tango champions Carolina Jaurena and Andrés Bravo.

      PictureCarolina Juarena has danced since she was a child. With her father a master on the bandoneon and her mother singing along, tango is in her blood. In addition to tango, she studied ballet, salsa, and flamenco. She has danced in shows in New York at Alice Tully Hall, Town Hall, and World Financial Center , Thalia Spanish Theatre, and Bellearyre Music Festival. Her movie and TV credits include performances on Fox 5’s “Good Day New York,” NBC’s "Today in NY," Univision’s Sábado Gigante, and the film Random Hearts starring Harrison Ford. She has taught at many dance festivals including The Colorado Dance Festival, The D.C. Tango Festival, The Boston Tango Festival, Connecticut Tango Festival, Nashville Tango, and the "Tango Norte” 2007 Stockholm Tango Festival.

      Her partner, Andres Bravo, who started dancing at age 11, has won accolades as an instructor and a choreographer as well as a dancer. He has toured Colombia with the tango Picturefestival Colombo Argentina and the United Emirates with the Argentine Tango Show. Between tours, he danced with the tango company Una Cita con el Tango in Pereira , Colombia . He was National Stage Tango Champion in Tangovia, a 2006 competition held in Manizales , Colombia . In 2009 he won first place in the National Stage Tango Competition in Bogota and represented Colombia at the 8th World Tango Summit in San Carlos de Bariloche , Argentina . His warm and playful choreography enlivened the show Por Amor al Tango, which was produced in Albuquerque , New Mexico , in 2011.

      In the last two months alone, this crowd-pleasing couple has performed and taught at 3 locations in New Jersey , 3 locations in New York City & Long Island, the Yale Tango Fest in New Haven , Tango Cielo in Houston , and with the Panamerican Symphony in Washington , DC .

      Don’t miss their intermediate tango lesson on June 8th at 6:30 pm, and their performance at 10:00 pm!

      goddess copiageraldine_4dd2ae53bd6a8index4

      ·        * * Shoes, shoes, shoes! * * *

      ·

      Carolina will have the latest styles of dance shoes by Mr. Tango available for sale.

      Our attendees provide refreshments and wine. Thanks to all who generously contributed to our last milonga!

      Take advantage of our special events as a MEMBER.

      Renew your membership NOW!

      Check our website (www.tangounderthetent.com)

      Also search “Tango under the Tent” on www.facebook.com for pictures.

      Please address any comments, questions, concerns or compliments in an email to

      Jerry Kline, our president, at jerryandadele3@...

      To submit member news or to make corrections to this announcement, please reply to

      Dave Ellman at davellman@....

    • Dave Ellman