No Milonga next Saturday

  • Carlos Sampelayo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013

      No milonga
      this Saturday May 18th
      Carlyn Milonga
      Due to a scheduling conflict we will not have the milonga
      this Saturday May 18th.

      Our next milonga will be Sunday June 2nd – 2- to 6pm

      Our guest couple will be
      Eddy Hernandez and Ninah Beliavsky

      Eddy Hernandez
      Eddie Hernandez, , International Master of Argentine Tango with more than 25 years of experience teaching and performing. Eddy is also Choreographer, Director and Producer of Theater Productions, “Amor de Tango” and  “Gypsy Tango”

      There will be a workshop 2:00 to 3:00 pm
      and a performance at 4:30 pm

      Details will follow

      (Hosted by Carlos and Lynn)

      sampelayo@...

      Chosen by Westchester Magazine

      as the Best Argentine Tango Instructor

       Dance Argentine Tango in Hawthorne, NY,

      All levels of dancers are welcome to join us

      with or without a partner.

      Group Classes every Monday

      With Karen and Carlos

      (Certified Tango Instructors)

      Beginners 6 to 7 pm

      Advanced 7 to 8 pm

      We teach using the fastest method of learning Argentine Tango.

      Private Classes

      Private classes every day of the week. Call 914-484-5101 to make arrangements.

      Also on Saturday

      Come and learn to understand Tango with Karen and Carlos
      Argentine Tango 2 hour Workshop
      12:30 to 2:30 - Only $30

      Learn to comfortably dance on a crowded floor by learning the various possibilities at any particular point. 90% of Argentine Tango dancing is navigating and, perhaps, 10% is dedicated to steps. If you want to dance Argentine Tango, you first need to learn to navigate and then, if there is space, you can execute a step.

      In just two hours you will be able to properly navigate, using the available space, and execute the step of your choice.

      This Workshop is intended for Argentine Tango dancers who have been taking lessons for one or two years and find themselves overwhelmed and unable to comfortably dance at a milonga.

      Come this Saturday, April 20th at 12:30, and learn the freedom Argentine Tango offers.

       The cost of the two hour workshop is only $30.

      Come to Our Wonderful Location!

       ~Beautiful,3,500 foot,wood floor

      ~Ample Parking

      ~Really terrific music

      ~Welcoming atmosphere

      ~Refreshments and snacks

      ~Raffles

       SMITHS DANCING SCHOOL

      www.smithsdancingsc hool.com

      26 Broadway Avenue, Hawthorne, NY

      Phone: (914) 747-6286

      Questions? Please contact Carlos or Lynn at

      (914) 725-3023 or (914) 484-5101

      E-mail: sampelayo@optonline .net

      DIRECTIONS:

      By Train Grand Central Station Metro North – Harlem Line to Hawthorne. Cross over to the other side of the tracks. Studio is behind the train station.

      From CT

      1.- Take I-95 S toward N.Y.C (Crossing into NEW YORK).

      2.- Take I-287 West exit, EXIT 21, toward White Plains/Tappan Zee Bridge

      3.- Merge onto I-287 W/Cross Westchester Expy.

      4.- Take EXIT 3 toward Sprain Brook Pkwy./NY City/Taconic Pkwy.

      5.- Merge onto Sprain Brook Pkwy N via the exit on the LEFT toward Taconic Pkwy..

      ( Sprain Brook Pkwy. N becomes Taconic Pkwy N.)

      6.- Take the exit toward RT-141/RT-9A/ Hawthorne.

      7.- Turn LEFT onto W Cross St.

      8.- Go straight at the light onto Broadway.

      9.- End at 26 Broadway Hawthorne, NY 10532-1271

      From Tappan Zee

      1.- Take EXIT 8A toward SAW MILL PKWY NORTH/RT-119/ ELMSFORD.

      2.- Merge onto SAW MILL PKWY N/SAW MILL RIVER PKWY N via the exit on the LEFT toward KATONAH.

      3.- Take the RT-9A exit, EXIT 25, toward RT-100/HAWTHORNE

      4.- Turn LEFT onto NY-9A N/SAW MILL RIVER RD S.

      5.- Take the RT-100 ramp toward RT-141/BRONX RIVER PKY.

      6.- Keep LEFT at the fork to go on BROADWAY.

      7.- Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on BROADWAY.

      8.- End at 26 Broadway Hawthorne, NY 10532-1271

      From SPRAIN going North

      1.- Get on to The SPRAIN BROOK PKWY N.

      2.- SPRAIN BROOK PKWY N becomes TACONIC STATE PKWY N.

      3.- Take the exit toward RT-141/RT-9A/ HAWTHORNE.

      4.- Turn LEFT onto W CROSS ST.

      5.- Go straight onto BROADWAY.

      6.- End at 26 Broadway Hawthorne, NY 10532-1271

      _From Saw Mill Pkwy going South

      1.- Take the MANVILLE RD exit, EXIT 29, toward PLEASANTVILLE

      2.- Turn LEFT onto MANVILLE RD/NY-117

      3.- Turn RIGHT onto BEDFORD RD/NY-117.

      4.- Merge onto NY-100 S/NY-9A S/SAW MILL RIVER RD via the ramp on the LEFT.

      5.- Take the RT-100 ramp toward RT-141.

      6.- Keep LEFT at the fork to go on BROADWAY.

      7.- Turn SLIGHT LEFT to stay on BROADWAY.

      8.- End at 26 Broadway Hawthorne,

      From Saw Mill Pkwy going North

      1.- Take the RT-9A exit, EXIT 25, toward RT-100/HAWTHORNE.

      2.- Turn LEFT onto NY-9A N/SAW MILL RIVER RD S.

      3.- Take the RT-100 ramp toward RT-141/BRONX RIVER PKY.

      4.- Keep LEFT at the fork to go on BROADWAY

      5.- Turn LEFT to stay on BROADWAY

      6.- End at 26 Broadway Hawthorne, NY 10532-1271

      From TACONIC going south

      1.- Take the RT-100/RT-133 exit toward BRIARCLIFF

      MANOR/MILLWOOD.

      2.- Turn LEFT onto NY-100 S/SAW MILL RIVER RD.

      3.- Take the RT-100 ramp toward RT-141

      4.- Keep LEFT at the fork to go on BROADWAY

      3.- Turn LEFT to stay on BROADWAY.

      6.- End at 26 Broadway Hawthorne, NY 10532-1271

      From Route 9A going south._,_

      1.- Take the RT - 100 ramp toward RT - 141

      2.- Keep left at the fork to go on BRODWAY

      3.- Turn  left to stay on BROADWAY

      4.- 26 will be on your right

      .