Work-Study barter offer. Tango instruction for milonga assistance and/or event photography.

  • tangothomasandhana
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013
      Barter offer is Argentine Tango classes in exchange for working as part of a milonga host team doing the following - set up of space/photography during milonga and misc help OR check-in position at door/take down of furnishings.
      We need 2 people but only 1 needs to be a photographer.
      DETAILS
      -set up of event decorations, props and furnishings at 6:15pm every Friday evening
      ___________
      -photography of milonga dancing and random portraits of tangueros/tangueras and live band (8pm to midnight).
      -video of 15 minute dance performance when we have one.
      OR
      -miscellaneous event hosting help such as check in entry, etc.. (8pm to midnight)
      -taking down of event decorations, props and furnishings at 12:00 midnight every Friday.
      Photographer must have appropriate lense to enable capturing of motion in low light conditions.  You will be using your own equipment.  We will have your permission to use any photos and videos taken at our milonga with no copyright restrictions to us (we can list the photographer with copyright on all our material upon request).
      You must be in good physical shape as this work involves some effort.
      In exchange for the above listed work, we will offer a weekly hour-long semi-private tango lesson.  This is a very solid way to grow fast and strong in Tango.  Minimum commitment is for a 3 months period. Tango event is in midtown manhattan (hell’s kitchen).  Tango instructor (Thomas Reale) has 18 years experience in argentine tango and considered one of NYC’s foremost tango professionals.

      If interested, please email us at tango.thomasandhana@...

      Many thanks, Thomas and Hana.
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile