Atlantic Tango - Tuesday April 30 - Classes and Open Dancing

  • gloonie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      ¡Atlantic Tango!

      Walter and Leo will be teaching the 6:00pm Beginners Class this week. This concentrates on fundamentals of tango movement and technique, and on building the basic vocabulary that allows us to dance as we progress toward more advanced techniques in Argentine tango. At 7:00pm they will be teaching the Intermediate class.

      It's a warm and friendly atmosphere.  Snacks and beverages are served. (You're welcome to bring things for the table as well!)

      This week we will be having a "Garage Sale" for our live music fund at Atlantic Tango. Feel free to bring something to sell: 10% wof the sale will go to our music fund, and the rest goes to the seller (unless you donate all proceeds to the fund, or course!)

      For additional information and directions about the practica, see below. For pictures and announcements check out our Facebook page: AtlanticTango

      Where:

       The Brooklyn Commons (click Here for a Google map.

       388 Atlantic Ave (between Bond and Hoyt Sts.)

       Brooklyn NY 11217

       Tel. (347) 689-3908

      When:

       Tuesdays

        Schedule:

       6:00 - 7:00 pm

       7:00 - 8:00 pm

       8:00 – 11:00 pm

      Class (Beginner)

      Class (Intermediate)

      Open Dancing: "Atlantic Tango"

      Prices:

      Directions:

       Each class:
       Practica:

      $10
      Without class: $10, With Class: $5

      Subway:

      Bergen St stop
      Walk 4 blocks to Atlantic Ave, then turn right and walk 2 blocks .

      ACG

      Hoyt-Schermerhorn stop
      Turn left on State St, walk half a block to Bond St, turn right on Bond and walk to Atlantic Ave. Cross Atlantic.

      2345

      Nevins St stop
      Walk 4 blocks on Nevins St to Atlantic Ave, turn right on Atlantic, walk one block. Cross Atlantic Ave.

      B, DQN, R

      Atlantic Ave / Pacific St stop
      Walk across Flatbush Ave to Atlantic Ave. Turn right and walk 3 blocks, then cross Atlantic Ave.

      (If you like you can take the B63 bus that stops at 4th Ave and Atlantic in the direction toward Brooklyn Heights. Get off at Bond St.)

      Bus:

      For Brooklynites, the B61B63 and B65 buses stop near Bond St.