No TutT milonga this Saturday, April 20th

  • Dave Ellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2013

      Tango Under the Tent Milonga

      At the Seligmann Homestead

      23 White Oak Drive

      Sugar Loaf, NY 10918

      For those using GPS – use Chester , NY 10918

      To Advance Argentine Tango in the Hudson Valley

      No TutT milonga this Saturday, April 20th

      Our next milonga will be Saturday, April 27th.

      To advance Argentine Tango in the Hudson Valley , we suggest going to our website’s Milongas page at  www.tangounderthetent.com showing additional venues when Tango under the Tent is not scheduled.

      Also search “Tango under the Tent” on (www.facebook.com) for pictures.

      Be sure to save the date – May 11th – for our special milonga!

      On May 11, 2013, Tango under the Tent is proud to host Walter Perez and Leonardo Sardella, master tango teachers and performers from Manhattan . These two professionals will dazzle and delight us with their winning smiles and flying feet.

      Starting out in Buenos Aires , Walter Perez polished his Argentine tango over 21 years, incorporating styles and techniques from ballet, jazz, modern dance, and acting. His mentors have include tango greats such as Juan Carlos Copes, Graciela Gonzalez, Pupy Castello, Pepito Avellaneda, Efrain Ordonez, Jose Garofalo, Rodolfo Dinzel, Osvaldo Sotto, Lorena Hermosida, and Jorge Torres. After performing in many venues in Argentina and Uruguay , he moved to New York City in 2000 and joined Dance Manhattan a year later. A widely sought after instructor, performer, and choreographer, he has appeared in variety shows and commercials on television as well as in live shows.

      Leonardo Sardella also hails from Buenos Aires , where he began dancing tango professionally in 2000. His instructors have included Juan Carlos Copes, Rodolfo Dinzel, Osvaldo Sotto and Lorena Hermosida, Javier Rodriguez, Angel Coria, Jorge Firpo, Aurora Lubiz, Maria and Carlos Rivarola, and Cristina Cortez. He was assistant choreographer in the Malena Eternamente Tango musical and choreographer and principal dancer of the show Cacho Castagna. Currently based in New York , he has also performed Boston , Seattle , San Diego , and other cities throughout theUS .

      Without missing a step, these tango masters switch from leader to follower and back again. They have taught at many local studios, such as Dardo Galletto Studios, Pierre Dulaine Dance Studio, Firehouse Tango, Colors, Lafayette Grill, Tango under the Tent, La Milonga Rosa, Dancesport, and others. Bringing a breath of Buenos Aires to Tango under the Tent, they will provide instruction as well as a terrific show.

      Walter Perez and Leonardo Sardella: Queer Tango Workshops http://www.festivaltangoqueer.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/walyleo-229x300.jpg