March 9th Tango under the Tent Special Milonga

  • Dave Ellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2013

      Tango under the Tent Milonga

      At the Seligmann Homestead

      23 White Oak Drive

      Sugar Loaf, NY 10918

      For those using GPS – use Chester , NY 10918

      To Advance Argentine Tango in the Hudson Valley

      Hola, Tangueros y Tangueras!

      Don’t miss Saturday, March 9th, 2013, at the beautiful Seligmann Homestead for a special evening that will include Argentine Tango instruction and performances by master tango teachers Rebecca Shulman & Evan Griffiths!

      Professional instruction 6:30 to 8:00 pm for intermediate-level dancers.

      Milonga 8:00 pm               Show 10:00 pm

      Rebecca will supply music from her fabulous collection.

      Please be sure to check your email in challenging weather!

      All inclusive admission:      Members - $10   Non-members - $15

      Our attendees provide refreshments and wine. Your contribution to our food table will help our dancers keep their energy and their spirits high.

      Thanks to all who generously contributed refreshments last week.

      BEGINNERS, PLEASE NOTE:

      Our members are excited to welcome new dancers to the Argentine tango community.

      We provide individual help and instruction for beginners.

      If you let us know in advance that you are coming by emailing to tutt2008@...,

      we will assign you a personal mentor who will schedule personal time with you.

      With a combined 35 years of Argentine tango, Rebecca Shulman and Evan Griffiths make a sparkling and inspirational dance team.

      Rebecca Shulman

      Rebecca is known for her clear instruction on improvisation, technique, adornments, and musicality. She has taught and performed in Montreal , Istanbul , Buenos Aires , Havana , Berlin , Dusseldorf , Bombay , and many US cities, including Portland , Seattle , San Francisco , Stanford, Denver , Ann Arbor , St. Louis , Baltimore , and Northampton , as well as New York . She can count more than a dozen New York tango teachers as her former students.

      Evan Griffiths

      Evan has been dancing Argentine tango since 1998. He started teaching in Oregon in 2001, joined Dance Manhattan as a teacher in 2006, and has taught throughout the United States . His expertise in musicality and styling is admired and appreciated. Not only is he a superb dancer, but he often plays tango piano with large festival orchestras.

      Take advantage of our special events as a MEMBER.

      Renew your membership NOW!

      Check our website (www.tangounderthetent.com)

      The new updated Past Events page is beautifully designed by Luz!

      Also search “Tango under the Tent” on www.facebook.com for pictures.

      Please address your comments, questions, concerns or compliments in an email to Jerry Kline, our president, at jerryandadele3@...

      To submit member news or to make corrections to this announcement, please reply to Dave Ellman at davellman@....

    • Dave Ellman