Argentine Tango Multi-Level Class + Coached Practice with Tioma and Gayle

  • gaylemadeira
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2013
      Just a reminder that Tioma ("El Ruso") and I will be teaching our Argentine tango workshop again tomorrow night, Tuesday January 29th, from 8-10:30 at Ripley Grier Studios and it's open to any level.

        Argentine Tango
      Multi-Level Class + Coached Practice

        with Tioma Maloratsky and Gayle Madeira

        Every Tuesday | 8-10:30pm

        Ripley-Grier Studios | 939 8th Ave. NYC

        between 55th/56th St. | suite 307

        $25 per single class

        $80 for a monthly package (4 classes)

        Financial aid available

        More information: www.GayleAndTioma.com

        Class Format

        Tango movement fundamentals
        (all levels, 15 minutes)
        Partner connection exercises
        (all levels, 15 minutes)

        Partner exercises - improvisational techniques for social dancing, with switching roles
        (all levels, 20 minutes)

        Core patterns for social dancing
        (intermediate level, 25 minutes)

        Advanced variations for social dancing
        (intermediate/adv. level, 25 minutes)
        Coached practice - class students only
        (all levels, 50 minutes)

      Artem "Tioma" Maloratsky has been dancing tango for 18 years, teaching and performing in the U.S. and Argentina, and studying with tango masters of the older generation*. Tioma has studied the Alexander Technique, Tai Chi, Nei Kung, Yoga, and Mindfulness meditation all of which enrich and inform his dancing and teaching. He authored the internationally known website tangoprinciples.org.

      Gayle Madeira has been dancing ballet and modern for 37 years and tango for 6. She has performed, taught and choreographed nationally and internationally with various ballet and modern dance companies including her own. Gayle is the 2-time U.S. Tango Champion in both salon and stage categories. She also has an extensive background in gyrotonic, pilates, yoga and contact improvisation.

      For more detailed bios, please visit www.GayleAndTioma.com