Going to Miami for the holidays?
- Dear list members/ friends:
If you are planning to go to Miami for the holidays, please be aware that the Miami tango scene will undergo some changes from the regular schedules at milongas, and have special parties to celebrate the New Year.
- On Sunday, December 19th, there won't be a milonga at the Hallandale Cultural and Community Center, organized by the International Club of Argentine Tango (C.I.T.A) due to ongoing construction and the unavailability of their alternate location, the Italian-American Club in Hollywood.
Activities will resume on Dec. 26 at the Italian-American Club, 700 South Dixie Highway, Hollywood, at 7:00PM.
- On Friday, Dec. 17, Roberto Maiolo's milonga (12390 West Dixie Highway, Norht Miami) will have live music by the Tango to Tango Orchestra, which is composed of Osvaldo Barrios (bandone�n), El�as Garnik (violin) and Rub�n Stefano (piano). Admission will be $15.
- On Friday, December 24, Christmas Eve, Roberto's milonga will be open as usual.
Also, please be aware that on December 22, the new milonga Las Copas Tango will open, hosted by Diego and Diana, at the Versailles Hotel, 3245 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, with a class at 8:30PM and dancing from 9:30PM on. For information, call (786) 554-2770.
On Friday, December 31st, New Year's Eve, there will be two tango parties:
- At C.I.T.A.'s Hallandale milonga (410 S.E. 3rd Street, Hallandale, phones (305) 864-5785 or (954) 458-6645), beginning at 7:00PM, there will be a tango party with dinner, champagne, panettone, etc., until way past midnight. Admission, which must be paid in advance, is $50. Call for information and reservations.
- On the same evening, Roberto's milonga will have its own party beginning at 9:00PM and going on until 5:00AM, with a specially catered dinner, champagne and other party amenities. Dinner will be served at 10:00 pm. Admission will be $ 45 per person (after 12:30 AM, $ 25/person). For information and reservations, call (954) 986-0261 or (954) 696-8318.
Saludos tangueros and happy holidays
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]