CANCELLATION - Tango Under the Tent Milonga tonight is CANCELLED due to the weather

  • Jerry and Adele Kline
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2011

      CANCELLED       ****************     CANCELLED       ****************  CANCELLED

      The weather is not cooperating and

      In the interest of safety we are cancelling our milonga this evening, Saturday, Feb 5th

      We will be devoting our energy to plan for next Saturday – see below!!

      Make sure to check your email for possible cancellations in challenging weather

      Save the date – the 2nd Saturday in February

      February 12th –Our Annual Valentine’s Day Special Milonga

      We have invited Adriana Salgado & Orlando Reyes to be our hosts and perform for this special milonga

      It should be a great evening.  See their bio and links to YouTube!

      ADRIANA SALGADO AND ORLANDO REYES

      Adriana Salgado and Orlando Reyes have been professional dancers and teachers of Argentine Tango for over a decade. With background in classical ballet, they went to study Tango in Buenos Aires under auspices of renowned tango masters as Gustavo Naveira, Claudio Gonzales, Melina Bruffman, Cristina Cortes among many others. Other influential coaches have been Guillermina Quiroga and Roberto Reis.

      International stages include United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Aruba, Argentina and their native Colombia.

      In the USA they have successfully performed in New Hampshire, Boston, Portland Maine), New Jersey, Miami, Ohio, Michigan, and Upstate NY. In New York City their performances include: NY Tango Festival in 2007, "Tango Intimo", directed by Valeria Solomonoff in 2008, "Tango Connection" and "Tango Noir" directed by Mariela Franganillo in 2008 and 2009 and "Tango por Ellos" , directed by Valeria Solomonoff in 2009, which was successfully presented at the JCC Theater and at “La Tea” Theater in Manhattan and received the nomination in the Latin ACE Award 2010 for Best Choreography.

      Their energetic, precise and passionate dancing, their changing embraces, breathtaking jumps and their wonderful connection makes their performances outstanding. Their enthusiasm and love for Tango is palpable and has won them recognition with awards at home where have been acclaimed as one of the best representative couples of Colombia. They were also semifinalists in the 3rd Tango World Championship in Buenos Aires in 2006 and more recently they came in 3rd place at the "Long Island Dance Championship" held in Long Island and sponsored by the NY Salsa Congress.

      Currently Orlando and Adriana teach, perform and coach at DanceSport studio in New York City.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfffzlbKc0w

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynn1R94gMgU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeRkhHzEYcY

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPMHJULCzg

       Orange County Citizens Foundation

      Seligmann Homestead

      23 White Oak Drive

      Sugar Loaf, NY 10918 (actual address)

      For those using GPS – use Chester, NY 10918

      cid:961382517@26042009-2d9b

      Check our website (www.tangounderthetent.com)

      Make sure to check your email for possible cancellations in challenging weather

       (jerryandadele3@...)