4th NYC Tango Festival- Early Bird Deadline.

  • nyctango
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Yes, it's the 4th year for the wonderful NYC SUMMER TANGO FESTIVAL
      July 22-25th 2004--Thurs.- Sun.

      It's FUN, it's FRIENDLY, it's even E D U C A T I O N A L!!!!

      Only one more week to register to receive the discounted Festival Package
      at $320!
      -
      This popular festival may be one of the most charming and original festivals
      going with its variety of venues indoors and out--getting to see the city's
      tango richness indoors and out, and learning the tango itself inside and out
      with the help of our smashing NY-based talent!!!! A few of the gems
      performing and/or teaching are Carolina and Diego, Junior Cervila, Rebecca
      Schulman, Pablo Pugliese, Hector del Curto, and 25 more dynamite talents
      (bios on our website)

      See our complete program chuck-full of classes for all levels, see the
      schedule's special events with its talks, dining,
      original performances (with stars from ³Forever Tango² and ³Tango
      Argentino²--and others who will knock your socks off) and on and on and on

      And here's a quirky special feature: Lucille has designed for us (our own
      tanguera Lucille Krasne)! She offers ³The Quirky East Village
      Walking, Chatting and Chewing Tour".

      Join us Thursday, the 22nd, for an Œonly in New York¹ kind of
      experience...it's an extensive 4 and 1/2 hour walking tour of the East
      Village especially organized for the Festival's out-of-towners who can get
      into town for Thursday--but it is open to everyone.

      It starts at 11 a.m. and ends at 3:30. Then Lucille guides you down to join
      up with others for "Hit and Run Tango" on the Staten Island Ferry (another
      of her quirky contributions to culture).

      The East Village developed as Greenwich Village gentrified and creative
      forces moved east across town (get here quickly--the forces are at work
      again!). The area is full of historic and funky sites--and, folks, eat
      your hearts out--you can walk to 6-count them-6 tango venues from there from
      within 10 to 35 minutes).

      There are zillions of interesting eateries, two of which will be sites for
      chatting and chewing. You will see one of the quirkiest garden structures on
      earth,get a very quirky souvenir from a kitch-packed restaurant, see the
      Charlie Parker residence, visit the site of many of Lincoln's addresses,
      chew and chat in the greatest old Italian bakery and coffee house, visit an
      atypical brownstone apartment, and much more.)

      Wear comfortable shoes for the leisurely walk. $20 (food not
      included).

      It takes place rain or shine, starting at Astor Place at the Starbucks which
      is next to the subway exit. Don't miss this. It's happening rain or shine.

      For more details on this, and all the other outstanding festival events--
      including Friday's Black & White Ball and Sunday's Supper Milonga see our
      website www.celebratetango.com

      AND REMEMBER: Festival package at $320 only until June 6th. (Then it
      Is $360.
      'Quirky Walking Tour' is yours free if you write ³Quirky Request² on your
      festival package registration.

      Classes will be held at both Dance Manhattan & Stepping Out Studios.
      There are rooms reserved at a special ŒCelebrate Tango¹ rate at:
      The Clarion Hotel, 429 Park Ave (29-30) NYC 212 532 4860.

      For other hotels and places to stay in NYC go to:
      http://www.celebratetango.com/housing.html

      ALSO Remember "La gran manzana" is a ³HOT² summer vacation spot so call now
      to reserve your space in this HOT tango town with a HOT tango festival.

      For additional information contact:
      Gayatri
      212 725 1078
      www.celebratetango.com