A FREE Benefit Milonga this Friday to help out visionally impair teenagers to dance Argentine Tango!

  • diego blanco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 72 KB
    Hello NYC,

    here is a little bit about the program come and enjoy a great evening for a great cause!
    information about the even at the bottom of this email or down load the flyer hope to see you there.

    ABOUT THE PROGRAM:

    Recognizing music and partner dancing as powerful social and artistic motivators, You Move Me TangoSM provides free, ongoing tango classes to teens in Miami-Dade County and senior citizens in Buenos Aires, Argentina having visual and/or other exceptionalities in mixed-ability environments.  True, social-style Argentine Tango calls upon the ability of two dancers to move as one--a momentary, albeit intricate relationship which relies less on one’s ability to see than to feel.

    The program is designed by experienced Argentine Tango professionals and dancers in conjunction with local, national and international community partner organizations dedicated to the cause of inclusion.  Since 2007, You Move Me Tango has heightened artistic awareness, self-confidence, teamwork, and healthy social skills among its participants.  We actively promote integration and community involvement, and as a result, we have not only provided a fun, challenging activity, but have also worked to eradicate stigma for persons with disabilities.

    Would you like to keep reading here is the link for the shimmy club:

      http://www.theshimmyclub.org/tsc/Programs_You_Move_me_tango.html

    INFO ABOUT THE EVENT:

    Friday June 11th, 2010
    9pm-2am
    Dargo Gallettos Studios
    151 W. 46 ST 11th floor
    FREE ENTRACE

    7 PERFORMERS donating their time. dancing one piece each what a show!!!

    if you have any question please contat

    Battbop@... or me Diego@...

    sponsor by the "I Wanna Be Batt Jhonshon" Face book group

    PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER TO THIS YAHOO EMAL