Milonga in Westchester

  • Carlos Sampelayo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2001
      TANGO AT CONGA

      For milongueros living in Westchester and Connecticut

      Or if you live in NYC and want to visit the burbs

      There is a restaurant which has a milonga every Friday, Dannel and Maria run it. I went there not knowing what to expect but I have to admit, I was very pleasantly surprised, I danced all night. The ambience is excellent, the food is good and it is not expensive and on top of that there is no charge at the door. You can go for diner or just for drinks and tapas at the bar. It is a great place to spend the evening alone or with your partner. Dannel gives a free lesson.

      Tango music starts at 7:00PM. If you have a CD that you would like to play, bring it and we'll make sure you dance to it. This milonga is getting to be popular and if you plan to have diner, it is a good idea to make a reservation, I already made mine. I hope all of you can go this Friday, it will be a lot of fun. The name of the place is CONGA Restaurant & Lounge 914-235-2922 and the address is: 615 Main St, New Rochelle, N.Y. 10801