Tango Technique

  • Carlos Sampelayo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2001
      Sunflower

      Hi! my name is Carlos Sampelayo from Westchester, NY

      I, and, I�m sure many of us, have taken many tango classes and learned many steps. Knowing many steps did not make me the dancer I wanted to be until I took a technique class with Diego and Carolina. I expected that the class would consist of learning a step, making an emphasis in posture, and technique, but, to my surprise, the class was about the art of movement. I had to do boleos, ganchos, turning and planeos, agujas and sacadas until I could do them well enough to do them expertly. The class also contains information on leg position, the timing of the moves, where to begin and where to end the move, and leading the weight transfer of your partner. At the end of the class there is a half hour of practice, under supervision, of all the moves you have learned.

      This has been my experience and if you are interested you can take the classes on Wednesday at 8:30 PM. Details can be obtained at (908) 918-9790 or (818) 694-1414
      or email Carolina and Diego at tan14go@...