5422File - Reminder of the purpose and rules on the group
- Oct 1, 2007This is a periodic reminder sent to members regarding the use and purpose of the New York Tango group.
The NewYorkTango group is:
* For the Argentine Tango enthusiasts interested in Tango events in the New York City metro area.
* For New Yorkers and others who want to communicate with each other regarding Tango life in NY
* Open to all, regardless of your location - as long as your you are interested in Tango in NY
* The list is moderated, and in English only (translations below the /posting to any other language are permitted).
For those who want to address events/discussions other than in NY, please sign up for the Tango - L and Tango - A lists:
Possible postings may include:
* Questions, search for Tango partners, Tango activities and Instructors in NY
* Making suggestions and Tango related announcements of interest to New Yorkers
* Sharing opinions and discussing any aspect of Argentine Tango dancing, music, instruction etc.
* This is family friendly list - NO adult material/links, NO politics, NO religion, NO Spamming
Please be civil, courteous and understanding to the fact the we have members representing different cultures and nationalities, virtually from all over the world.
Also, please check http://newyorktango.com for Richard Lipkin's listing of New York Tango events and activities.
COMMERCIAL POSTERS AND EVENT ORGANIZERS - PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION:
1. This is NOT a commercial mailing list - it�s the New York Tango community. Try to maintain a community spirit when composing your postings. Don't overwhelm the members with too frequent/repeating messages.
2. Posting MUST be directly related to Argentine Tango.
3. Post ONLY messages of interest to New York Tangueros. Out of area Tango organizers who have information of interest to New Yorkers may announce those events once, well in advance, with a possible reminder before the registration deadline.
Postings deemed not to be of interest to New Yorkers, too frequently posted or otherwise inappropriate for the group will be rejected at the discretion of the moderating team.
4. No forwards please - remove all quotes (>>>>) if any.
5. Make sure no instructions of how to get off YOUR mailing list are included.
6. Please address your postings to NewYorkTango@yahoogroups.com - no multiple TO: correspondents, no CC, no BCC, no "undisclosed" recipients and not to "your name".
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>