17173TutT July 13th Special Milonga at Black Dirt Dance

  • Dave Ellman
    Jul 12, 2013

      Tango under the Tent Milonga

      At "Black Dirt Dance"
      198 Glenwood Road
      Pine Island , NY 10969

      To Advance Argentine Tango in the Hudson Valley

      _______________

      Hola, Tangueros y Tangueras!

      Join us this Saturday, July 13th, 2013 at Black Dirt Dance, 198 Glenwood Road, Pine Island, NY for our special milonga featuring instruction and performances by Adam Ashton Hoopengardner and Cigdem Tanik, best known as Adam and Ciko.

      Adam and Ciko are unique to the North American, and especially the New York , tango scene. They have had opportunities to study with teachers from all over the world, who come from very different ideologies, which has allowed and fostered their own approach and character of dance. Their dance has evolved by blending the outside influences they had with their own personal growth as a couple. Their style is defined by its sensuality, musicality & creative playfulness.

      They emphasize the importance of good technique with a comfortable musical walk over complicated moves. Their goal as teachers is to bring their students’ personalities out in their dance by teaching them the music and the concept of countless possibilities the dance offers. They cannot over emphasize the value of active followers which makes the dance much more interactive and fun. When teaching they are able to transmit their mastery of the complex concepts of tango while retaining their innate humor and humility.

      Class begins at 6:30pm   -   Milonga at 8:00pm  - Performances at 10:00pm.

      All inclusive admission:      Members - $10   Non-members - $15

      Map and directions from RT 17 exit 124 to Black Dirt Dance:

      Directions to Black Dirt Dance from route 17 exit 124

       1.  From route 17 exit 124 head southwest on Greenwich Ave                0.3 mi

       2.  Greenwich Ave becomes New York 17A E                                       1.9 mi

       3.  Turn right onto County Rd 6 ( Pulaski Hwy)                                     7.7 mi

       4.  Pulaski Hwy becomes Glenwood Rd: Black Dirt will be on the left.       2.1 mi

      Click here to visit the Black Dirt Dance website and see the venue.

      _________

      Our attendees provide refreshments and wine. Thanks to all who generously contributed at our last milonga!

      Take advantage of our special events as a MEMBER.

      Renew your membership NOW!

      Check our website (www.tangounderthetent.com)

      Also search “Tango under the Tent” on www.facebook.com for pictures.

      Please address any comments, questions, or concerns in an email to Jerry Kline, our president, at jerryandadele3@...