Russia bans transit of NATO heroin through its territory

  • ConstanceMarieBoisvert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2012

      M posted an update:

      Russia bans transit of NATO heroin through its territory

      http://www.voltairenet.org/Russia-bans-transit-of-NATO-heroin

      Washington's bizarre Kosovo strategy could destroy NATO

      by F. William Engdahl

      Not satisfied with having sponsored the artificial creation of Kosovo, the
      United States has now decided to ram the mafia state through NATO and the
      European Union. A new member with those characteristics is the last thing
      that Europe needs right now. However, it should work wonders for the
      consolidation of U.S. political and military agenda in the region, not to
      speak of the flourishing heroin trade from Afghanistan.both of which, as
      Engdahl points out in this sharp analysis, pose a threat to Russia and may
      backfire in the end.

      continued.

      http://www.voltairenet.org/Washington-s-bizarre-Kosovo

      Senate Hopeful calls opponent 'whore' for AIPAC during live debate

      Things got heated during a Democratic primary debate for the U.S. Senate in
      Connecticut on Thursday when one candidate told another that he was a
       "whore" over his support of a pro-Israel lobbying group.

      "I'm appalled that when I talk about the neoconservatives somehow it's
      twisted to be some sort of a racist comment," long-shot candidate Lee
      Whitnum (top photo) [1] said in response to U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy. "This is
      documented fact. The neoconservative role in the taking down of Iraq [with
      an] unnecessary war is fact. It's not opinion."

      Lee Whitnum is rare among the US politicians who is an open critic of the
      Zionist regime's policies in Palestine and the rest of Muslim East.

      (Video from NBC Connecticut, broadcast April 5, 2012.)

      Murphy responded calmly during his closing remarks: "I'd advocated for all
      of the candidates to be a part of these debates. I might think twice about
      those with that kind of awful language being used on the airwaves."

      "I'm dealing with a whore here who sells his soul to AIPAC [American Israel
      Public Affairs Committee], who will say anything for the job," Whitnum
      explained, pointing towards Murphy and then adding that state Rep. William
      Tong was "ignorant" for defending him.

      "What I would like to propose is a prosecution of settlers here, American
      settlers, who go to Israel and maim or kill in the Promised Land. Since
      2000, 66,000 of the indigenous culture have been killed, many of them by
      American settlers. This is viewed all over the Middle East and we are hated
      for this worldwide."

      http://www.voltairenet.org/Senate-Hopeful-calls-opponent

      Silencing an Inconvenient Voice:

      Just as in Great Britain, Germany is banning 'Press TV', and with the same
      lame reason. God forbid we'd want to hear truth spoken!

      It was through a simple email sent to the Islamic Republic of Iran
      Broadcasting (IRIB) officials that the Media Regulatory Office (MHA) based
      in Munich notified of the decision to remove the Iranian English-speaking
      channel Press TV from German airwaves.

      The authority has claimed that Iran's English-speaking channel does not have
      a license for broadcast in Europe.

      This shutdown comes after Press TV was banned in Great Britain in January
      2012 by Ofcom, the government-approved media regulatory authority. [1]

      On its part, the channel believes the decision is part of a strategy by
      Westerners to silence an inconvenient voice.

      Press TV drew the attention of the UK public in particular for its coverage
      of the Occupy protest movement in the United States and Britain, as well as
      for offering viewers a different perspective on the offensive launched
      against Libya or Syria.

      Voltaire Network recalls that freedom of expression is a prerequisite for
      any democracy. It can only be restricted by law. Now, in this case,
      censorship does not stem from a court ruling following the commission of
      crimes or offenses, but from a simple administrative decision of an obvious
      political nature.

      The Lebanese news channel Al-Manar was taken off the air in a similar
      manner, first in France, then in all Western states [2] At the time,
      Al-Manar had been accused of broadcasting an anti-Semitic program, but the
      examining magistrate never succeeded in establishing the charge and the case
      was not pursued. Ultimately, it was the Conseil d'Etat (i.e. the
      administrative court, not criminal court) which banned the channel alleging
      reasons of public order disturbances in connection with the controversy
      sparked by the accusation of antisemitism, in spite of the fact that it
      could never be substantiated.

      Successive administrative bans in Europe, over the last six years, of
      Lebanese, Palestinian, Libyan, Syrian and Iranian news channels illustrate
      the inability of the European Union to address the issue other than to
      resort to censorship and propaganda and by forsaking the most basic
      principles of democracy.

      Such administrative bans slammed on Middle East television channels clearly
      aim to prevent EU citizens from gaining a different perspective on the
      conflicts in this region, even though wars are being contemplated in which
      Europeans would be brought in. In this sense, such measures are in breach of
      resolutions 381 [3] and 819 [4] of the United Nations General Assembly,
      which make it mandatory for Member States to "remove barriers that prevent
      peoples the free exchange of information and of ideas essential to
      understanding and international peace."

      http://www.voltairenet.org/Post-democracy-Press-TV-banned-in