Cut More Emissions, Build a Stronger EU - Activists

  • Dave Brook
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2005

      From: Dave Brook <dbrook@...>
      Date
      : Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:29pm
      Subject: Re: [Kyoto2020] Cut More Emissions, Build a Stronger EU - Activists

      I should add to my earlier suggestion of setting a fuel consumption per
      (
      100) KM fee-bate system for each class of vehicles (which would only

      affect new vehicles), with a public campaign to motivate drivers (of
      existing vehicles) to

      • adopt Eco-Driving techniques (eco-drive.ch)
      rebates for early retirement of older vehicles, especially those
      driven frequently
      and, of course, integrated public transit pass + carsharing
      membership

      Dave Brook

      Eric Britton wrote:

      >> *CLIMATE CHANGE*:

    • Stefan Langeveld
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005

        Of course every car consumes more at 130 than at 90; i mentioned two different models, with different  frontal area and coefficient of friction, not to mention transmission losses and gear ratios.
        Loads of factors determine energy/fuel use . Take speed variation, which is very relevant. Cruise control is a useful tool ,but you can achieve efficiency with a steady foot (limited acceleration), keeping your distance, and not braking.
        Btw , video-meetings can also save a lot.

        Stefan Langeveld