[access-forum] SV: Joost Beuving - INZET's car project

  • David Bauner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 1999
      Just a brief comment, with little connection my daily chores in the field of
      new fuels&propulsion systems.

      For the sake of coordinated measures, the fuels specs to be developed in
      Benin and elsewhere surely should relate to the World Fuel Charter developed
      by the European, USA and Asian car manufacturers organizations. I believe
      the document is out since last December.

      My second point is a curious experience from the Chilean public debate,
      where the seriousness of lead poisoning is dicussed as less grave compared
      to the threat from higher CO etc, as the lead-free lower octane ratings
      would impede proper combustion. Roughly half of the gasoline sold in Chile
      is still leaded, and all new cars must since 1992 have 3-way cats. By law
      there is no import of used cars. I do not know whether this discussion
      depends on outdated (state owned) refinery technology, a case which could
      also be in Benin? Do they have any regulations on vehicle emissions?

      best regards,

      //David Bauner

      David Bauner
      Swedish Transport and Communications Research Board (KFB)
      Box 5706
      SE-114 87 Stockholm, Sweden
      www.kfb.se

      david.bauner@...