RE: [NewMobilityCafe] Asia Video Contest on Urban Transport

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2005

      Hi Carlos,

      Super initiative. It could be very useful indeed. I hope very much that this gets some good results.

      One small idea comes to mind: the possibility if the quality is there of making some kind of montage.  It could be very powerful (or alternatively quite a yawner.. but hey! that’s what art is all about.)

      Also, I hope that you will consider streaming, possibly even the whole lot.  For our part, we will be pleased to provide direct high profile links from the New Mobility Agenda.  (And most like the Kyoto World Cities 20/20 Challenge as well since it is right on target for our interests.)

      It would be great if we could find someone who might be willing to help in beefing up those prizes.

      We need a lot more of this.

      As always,

      Eric

      PS. Here’s a profile that I think it was Dinesh who mentioned it to me some time back.  Little girl takes the bus to go to school in, say, Delhi.  Sound’s good, eh?  Wow. Terribly dangerous, especially as she walks in an unprotected environment to make it to the bus stop.  And even worse when she tries to make it hoe at the end of the day.  The point here of course is that things are not quite as simple as one might think.  Which is where we, all of us who deeply care about all this, all come in.