Asia Video Contest on Urban Transport

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2005

      Dear friends,

      SUTP has launched the contest for best video on urban transport trip documentary in an Asian city as a part of the project's intention to diffuse information and knowledge about sustainable transport. The basic idea behind the video is to show a typical transport itinerary of a working person in a large size city in Asia, from the moment he/she leaves his/her house to the moment he/she arrives at work. More details on the contest can be read in www.sutp.org/newweb/videoterms.htm

      Please forward this to anyone you think could be interested. Any comments are welcome replying to this email or writing to sutp@...

      Best regards,

      Carlos F. Pardo

      Project Coordinator

      GTZ Sustainable Urban Transport Project (SUTP)

      Room 0942, Transport Division, UN-ESCAP

      ESCAP UN Building

      Rajadamnern Nok Rd.

      Bangkok 10200, Thailand

      Tel:  +66 (0) 2 - 288  2576

      Fax: +66 (0) 2 - 280  6042

      Mobile: +66 (0) 1 - 772 4727

      e-mail: carlos.pardo@...

      Website: www.sutp.org

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2005

        Hi Carlos,

        Super initiative. It could be very useful indeed. I hope very much that this gets some good results.

        One small idea comes to mind: the possibility if the quality is there of making some kind of montage.  It could be very powerful (or alternatively quite a yawner.. but hey! that’s what art is all about.)

        Also, I hope that you will consider streaming, possibly even the whole lot.  For our part, we will be pleased to provide direct high profile links from the New Mobility Agenda.  (And most like the Kyoto World Cities 20/20 Challenge as well since it is right on target for our interests.)

        It would be great if we could find someone who might be willing to help in beefing up those prizes.

        We need a lot more of this.

        As always,

        Eric

        PS. Here’s a profile that I think it was Dinesh who mentioned it to me some time back.  Little girl takes the bus to go to school in, say, Delhi.  Sound’s good, eh?  Wow. Terribly dangerous, especially as she walks in an unprotected environment to make it to the bus stop.  And even worse when she tries to make it hoe at the end of the day.  The point here of course is that things are not quite as simple as one might think.  Which is where we, all of us who deeply care about all this, all come in.