Old Mobility: Going, Going, Gone!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2013

      Old Mobility: Going, Going, Gone!

      In order to understand what needs to be done to create healthier lives and a better performing set of transportation arrangements, World Streets has from the very beginning made a consistent distinction between what we call “Old Mobility” vs.”New Mobility.”  The difference between the two is simple, straight-forward . . . and substantial.

      Old mobility was the dominant form of transportation policy, practice and thinking that took its full shape and momentum starting in the mid twentieth century, at a time when we all lived in a universe that was, or at least seemed to be, boundless and  free of constraints. It served many of us well in many ways at the time, albeit with numerous and notable exceptions, though we were blind to most of them most of the time. It was a very different world back them. But that world is gone.  Gone and it will never come back.http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif?m=1207340914ghttp://networkdispatches.wordpress.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif?m=1207340914g

      Article at

        Francis  Eric Knight Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

        World Streets  |  New Mobility Consult | 2013 Work Program | W/S on Facebook   | Zetabytes

        9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility