SEARCH FOR A CITIZEN APP: "CLICK-TO-FIX"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013

      SEARCH FOR A CITIZEN APP: "CLICK-TO-FIX"

      For my colleagues in the city of Lyon, I am trying to give them a reference for an app which permits citizens to identify and report on problems on the streets in very specific and convenient ways.  Here is how it might/should work:

      1. You spot a problem.

      2. Pull out your mobile with GPS (workaround for those who don't have)

      3. Take pic of the problem area

      4. Communicate this with one click to some sort of mapping center.

      5. The center knows who you are, where you were,  the time of transmission and the picture of the problem

      6. Provision of course for comments.

      7. All of this gets channeled into an Open Map with the necessary dates and other key information, which is available for all to see, including the city and respective responsible services.

      8. The latter may make a note about when and how the intend to repair (and if at all and then why if not).

      9. All of this is available for all to see freely.

      10. An occasional sweep-up of the map may be well advised and it is important to be clear as to who, how does it?

      There are a number of things that exist along these lines but I do not have a clear view of them

      So if any of you out there can advise me and the city of Lyon about places to look for more, this would be most appreciated. (I would also like to do a piece in World Streets on this.)

      For the records and if needed, my contact information: T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility

      PS. There is something along these lines in New Haven Connecticut which you can see at http://seeclickfix.com/apps

      _________________________________________________________________________________________________

        Francis  Eric Knight Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

        World Streets  |  New Mobility Consult | 2013 Work Program | W/S on Facebook   | Zetabytes

        9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility

    • Morten Lange
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
        Hi Eric,

        SeeClickFix.com

        does roughly what you are requesting.  And the company has partnered with some US cities / municipalities to integrate with their internal systems for service requests etc.

        A few issues have already been reported  for France.

        http://seeclickfix.com/location_search?at=France
        Or more localised
        http://seeclickfix.com/fra_manche

        The Web interface takes some learning and getting used to, but reporting using a GPS-enabled smartphone is quite easy.

        --
        Regards / Kveðja / Hilsen
        Morten Lange, Reykjavík