Unconfusing the World Transport and other YohooGroups and social media

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012

      Unconfusing the World Transport and other YahooGroups Fora in our New Mobility family of projects and sites. Let's try this in three crisp parts:

      World Transport Forum:

      ·        It is intended specifically to support the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice, and in particular to work in close tandem with the original Eco-Logica publication site at http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/worldtransport.htmland the new WTPP Archives that is just now opening at http://worldtransportjournal.wordpress.com/.

      ·        The YahooGroups Forum is intended for those who read, wish to follow and contribute to the Journal. We try to keep the mailings tightly focused to the interests of this group.

      ·        These Fora have the advantage of offering an fully searchable information base of messages and information shared over the years (unlike the more ephemeral Facebook and, above all, Twitter).

      ·        For those who enjoy Facebook there is a parallel Facebook support page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Transport-Policy-Practice/300664846701299

      World Streets and the New Mobility Café:

      ·        The Café is the main conversation and exchange point in support of World Streets and all our collaborative work in the broad areas of the New Mobility Agenda more broadly.

      ·        World Streets also maintains its own Facebook site at  http://www.facebook.com/worldstreets

      Other Focus Groups:

      We also maintain a collection of other more specialized fora and social media sites, focusing on developments and exchanges in such areas as

      5.      Sustran Global South Network. In addition we feed in information and ideas on a regular basis to the Sustran Global South Network (sustran-discuss@...).

      I hope that this will be reasonably clear and that it will help you to decide how, if at all, you wish to take advantage of these collaborative groups. We try very hard to say rigorously on focus and to avoid unnecessary overlap between these groups and ask that those involved in each try to do the same.  And yes indeed, if you have ideas and clues for us as to how to do a better job on all this, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

      In the meantime plug into World Streets and the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice and be part of the leading edge.

        Francis  Eric Knight-Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

        New Mobility Partnerships   | World Streets  |  The Equity/Transport Project

        9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility

        9440 Readcrest Drive. Los Angeles, CA  90210  |   Tel. +1 213  985 3501  |  eric.britton@...  |  Skype: ericbritton