Women2Drive: A Day to be Remembered in The Kingdom.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2011
      WordPress.com

      Women2Drive: A Day to be Remembered in The Kingdom.

      Eric Britton, editor | 17 June 2011 at 11:31 | Categories: drivers, social media, women | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-1HR

      It is a rare day that World Streets comes out in favor of cars in cities. But even that of course is not quite true. At best there will be plenty of cars in our cities, but they will not be parked and they will be chauffeuring not just their drivers but offering affordable services to flexible groups of people safely and efficiently. Great way to get around when you get it right.

      And getting it right is the theme of the day today in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where, as you all surely are aware, a few – we will possibly never know the exact number – Saudi women have decided that they have a rightful place in society, in the public space, and that this also includes being behind the wheel when they need to get somewhere. And today is their great day: Women2Drive is social media-driven campaign and sisterhood project in which a certain number of intrepid women are getting behind the wheel and defying the Kingdom's long ban on female drivers. Here is a fine article from the New York Times  introducing the topic, and for more we and our readers will be adding more in the days to come.

      The poet is always right.  La femme est l'avenir de l'homme. Or, to translate

         Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director

         Sustainable Development, Business & Society | World Streets  | New Mobility Partnerships

         8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France

         Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor@...   |  Skype: newmobility

      into English: Go for it Sisters.

      Read more of this post