International Women's Day - celebrated on World Streets too

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2011
      WordPress.com

      Fix Sustainable Transport: Ensure Full Gender Parity in all Decision and Investment Fora

      Eric Britton, editor | 8 March 2011 at 16:51 | Categories: Activities/Events, editorial, equity, women | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-1pX

      Today is International Women's Day. Not only that, 2011 marks the one hundredth anniversary of this great and necessary idea. So what better occasion for World Streets to announce publicly, loudly and yet once again our firm belief that the most important single thing that our society, our nations and our cities could do to increase the fairness and the effectiveness of our transportation arrangements would be to make it a matter of the law that all decisions determining how taxpayer money is invested in the sector should be decided by councils that respect full gender parity. We invite you to join us in this challenge and make it one of the major themes of sustainable transport policy and accomplishment worldwide in 2011.

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      - - - > Would you like to support World Streets?  If so please click to http://wp.me/PsKUY-BD .

      | 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris.  | +331 75503788. | eric.britton@...  |  Skype:  newmobility  |