Kaohsiung 2010 Papers: Latest from the Fellows program: China and India

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 9:24 AM
      WordPress.com

      One of the not inconsiderable advantages of working as the editor and webmaster for this program is that one has the luck/job of having to read every submitted paper carefully and at least twice. First to decide if it is appropriate for the Kaohsiung 2010 conference, and second just to make sure that the language and presentation is in good order. This permits me to have pretty good familiarity with what is being submitted, and it is for me an excellent opportunity to learn from others, young and not so young. I am impressed and I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity as well.

      Eric Britton

      http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/78ba1a0b5f05cba9435d02ded04dad86?s=48&d=http%3A%2F%2Fs0.wp.com%2Fi%2Fmu.gif&r=G

      Kaohsiung 2010 Papers: Thoughts on Share/Transport from Chengdu, China

      E. Britton, editor | 3 September 2010 at 17:47 | Categories: Kaohsiung, climate, policy, public transport, sharing | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-Xm

      This essay has been contributed by one of the 2010 Jason Chang International Fellows, Jane Voodikon, who introduces herself as follows: "Since my interest in transportation and planning is purely personal - I have no professional background in any transportation-related field - I hope to walk away from Kaohsiung 2010 with a more informed picture [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=worldstreets.wordpress.com&blog=6853540&post=3680&subd=worldstreets&ref=&email=1http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3680/http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/delicious/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3680/http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/facebook/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3680/http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/twitter/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3680/http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/stumble/worldstreets.wordpress.com/3680/

      Kaohsiung 2010 Papers: Are streets meant for travel alone?

      E. Britton, editor | 3 September 2010 at 16:34 | Categories: Green cars, behavior, shared space, sharing, slower, street | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-X8

      This essay contests the idea that streets are for travel alone by critically examining the logic and language employed by the elite to delegitimize two marginalized groups using streets for non-travel purposes: hawkers and pavement-dwellers. Further, court cases interpreting constitutional guarantees in the context of hawkers and pavement-dwellers are examined. Based on these discussions, an [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post