Become a Partner

  • José Carlos Mota
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010

    [apologies for cross-posting]

    Become a Partner of this Civic Initiative!

    At a time when a significant number of countries are facing severe economic problems, a group of citizens is promoting and developing a world civic initiative called 'No Economic Recovery Without Cities!' developed under the spirit of the United Nations “World Urban Campaign”.

    This initiative arrives as a challenge to artists, businessmen, researchers and professionals who ‘work with cities’, as well as institutions and communities, to think collectively about the significant role cities can play in 'economic recovery'.

    Although it's special (civic) nature, we think that this initiative can be an important sign to governments and regional/local administrations and a (unique) global 'collective learning' process.

    We have already created an informal network - Facebook Group, a mailing-list, a blog  and we are begging to produce a document (in attach) with contributions of all network members. Feel free to send us your comments!

    The project is still in the beginning and we are looking for partners to promote this initiative worldwide.

    We think that you can have an important role in this civic initiative so we challenge you to Become a Partner!  If you agree please send us your logo!

    Best regards

    José Carlos Mota

    email: noeconomicrecovery@...