UK budget

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2010
      I agree with most of what has been said on this, but the VAT increase will not
      affect public transport users because public transport is zero rated. If any
      change has been made to this I haven't heard about it.

      What will affect public transport is cuts in local government spending. Public
      transport is one of the few areas where local government has no statutory duty
      and where there is no consultation requirement (which means it's an area likely
      to be targeted if local authorities need to make cuts quickly).