Re:[WorldStreetsForum] external costs of cars

  • John Warren
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 8:41 AM

      Hello David/ group

      This is dear to my heart

      As a member of the Canada transportation climate change table prior to signing the Kyoto agreement I advocated including healthcare costs as an externality to fund public transit. – Public transit much safer than cars hence use cost savings health death injury lost time productivity avoided by lack of car use to public transit. My guess is that this would make public transit cost positive.

      I was informed in one session that “this will not be included in the analysis’

      The process included oil and other lobby groups which might have been a factor in this decision.

      Have you / anyone else specifically researched this question? – more appropriate in countries with public health care but USA also moving in that direction

      Best regards

      John Warren

      John Warren

      8 Belton Road