The "walkmobile" approach to understanding transport

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010

      The “walkmobile” approach to understanding transport

      One of the major challenges we face when it comes to sustainable transportation is not so much to identify useful policies, projects and approaches but rather, once we have done this, to find a way to sell them to the public. Images and stories are part of this process. And if we are to win the war of sustainable transportation it will be because we are not only technically strong but also that we have these critical didactic and communications skills. Here is a sweet example with Hermann Knoflacher's memorable "Gehzeug" or "walkmobile"

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> Discussions on New Mobility Forum at www.newmobility.org  (Post to NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com)